chapter 165

the next morning.

DEREK

I woke up the next morning as I turned and saw Meredith still asleep expect now she's facing me. last night she went to bed right after when she left the dinner table.

I put Logan to bed and went to sleep. the door was locked but I eventually got it open. when I got in bed I tried cuddling Meredith but when I did she got mad and told me to get off her.

but now she's asleep and calm. I can watch her sleep before she wakes up. I need to talk to her, we need to talk.

I want to go into the army but I can't leave until I know she's okay with it. I know I'm not going to die but she doesn't know that. she already gets worried every morning before I go to work.

the reason I never mentioned the army to Meredith until now is I didn't want to scare her. if one day I told her I planned on going into the army she'd get scarred because going into the army is a big thing, and if I ever changed my mind I didn't want to tell her if I were to change my mind.

I gently brush the hair out of her face before kissing her forehead. she stirs a bit before she presses her face into the pillow.

"Are we going to talk today or are you going to ignore me?" I ask as I run my fingers through her hair.

"depends, are you going to be home today?" she says muffled into the pillow.

"yes, I have a night shift today," I tell her. "are you working today?" I ask.

"No, I work every other day and I worked yesterday," she says.

"what do you want for breakfast, I'm sure Logan will be up soon," I say.

"I don't care," she says.

"what do you like better, pancakes or waffles?" I ask.

"waffles," she answers.

"waffles it is," I say. I kiss her cheek a few times before getting out of bed.

"I still want to know her name," I say as I pick out my clothes from the closet.

"ask Logan, he's going to be mad if I tell you," she says.

I get dressed before I walk back over to Meredith's side of the bed.

"get out of bed, please," I whisper in her ear. I kiss her lips and gently slapped her ass before leaving the bedroom.

I go into the kitchen and start making breakfast.

"Morning, Daddy," I hear Logan say as he sits down at the counter fully dressed.

"Morning, Logan," I say.

"so, do you want to tell me what your little sister's name is going to be?" I say

"Honor," he says.

"what did you say?" I ask because I couldn't hear him.

"Honor, Honor Shepherd," he says as I place a cup of juice in front of him.

"Honor? your mom said she never mentioned that name when she was pregnant with you, but that's one the girl names your mother liked the most," I say.

"I think she just told you do that because she didn't want you to know," he says as he takes a sip from his juice.

"Hmm," I say. "do you like the name Honor?" he asks.

"yes, I think that might be one of the reasons she chose it," I say.

"No, Mommy said she didn't care if like the name or not, she said she was going to name the baby what she wanted whether you like it or not," he says.