Chapter 166

Meredith has nightmares. And Logan wants Meredith to breastfeed, she says no until he starts sobbing and she gives in.

DEREK

I tucked Logan into bed and kissed him goodnight. I left his room and walked down the hall to our bedroom.

when I walked into the room I saw that Meredith is already asleep. I get changed into a pair of sweatpants and got into bed.

I wrapped my arms around Meredith's waist and pulled her into my chest. she rolled over and pressed her face into my neck.

as I was about to fall asleep I felt a sharp kick in my stomach. "why does she always do that?" I whisper to myself.

"sorry, I don't know why she does that," Meredith whispers before she falls back asleep.

I move away from her a bit before I fall asleep.

---

I wake up to the feeling a lot of pressure on my hand. I open my eyes and look at my hand, Meredith is squeezing my hand really hard.

I turn on the bedside lamp and look at Meredith, she's still asleep.

I use my other hand and gently shake her awake. she wakes up gasping or air. "are you okay?" I ask.

she looks at me and doesn't say anything. "what's wrong?" I ask once she's catches her breath while I her rub her stomach.

"nothing, I'm fine," she says. she lays on her side and closes her eyes.

"did you have a nightmare?" I ask wrapping my arms around her waist.

"No, I'm fine. go to sleep," she says as she lays her head on my chest.

"Meredith," I say. "it was small, don't worry about it," she says, keeping her eyes closed.

"you're talking about it in the morning," I said.

---

I woke up and Meredith wasn't next to me. I went into the living room and saw Logan sleeping on the couch.

I walk into the kitchen where Meredith was. "shouldn't you be at work?" I ask her. I walk behind her and kiss the side of her head.

"No, I'm not aloud to work anymore," she says. "because you're pregnant?" I ask. "Yes, did Logan fall asleep, or what is he doing?" she asks.

"yea, he's asleep," I say. "he was supposed to stay awake," she sighs. "Logan can fall asleep anywhere, do you want me to wake him up?" I ask.

"No, he's going to be grumpy and then he's going to start crying," she says. "does he always do that or just when I wake him up?" I ask.

"just when you wake him up, he get's grumpy when I wake him up but he just whines instead of crying," she says.

"is it going to be like this with the second baby?" I ask. "No, she already doesn't like you, why do you think she kicks you every time," she says.

"and she only does that when I near you?" I ask. "yes, but maybe she'll change her mind when she's born," she says.

"and what if she doesn't?" I ask. "then she doesn't like you," she shrugs. "why are all my kids going to hate me?" I ask.

"I don't know, you should be fine though, and if they don't like you then just be a good Dad and you should be fine," she says.

"I am and Logan hates me," I say. "he doesn't hate you, he just... I don't know, ask Logan," she says before she walks away from the kitchen counter.

I walk back into living room and next to Logan. I gently lift him up and place him on my lap. "No, I don't want to wake up!" he groans hitting my chest before laying his head on my chest.