Lavender

It's been a few weeks since I was sick. I still don't feel very well but I'm still able to go to work. I like my job as a nurse. It's a bit hectic because it's a mental hospital but I still like it. I've been working there for a few weeks now.

I haven't seen Derek in a while or been home in so long because I'm working much longer hours than I was when I was working at the restaurant.

Every time we talk on the phone he tells me how much he misses me and how badly he just wants to see, kiss me and at the most have dinner with him like we used to.

I really want to do those things but our hours aren't very good. I'm always working, he's always working. He's still working on the killer case, turns out the guy that tried breaking into the house wasn't the killer, it was the killer's assistant or something demented like that so he's working late hours on the case even when I'm sleeping if I do sleep.

I finally get home from work. I went inside and locked the many locks we have on the door. I went to my bathroom and took a shower. After being in a mental hospital for over ten hours it makes you feel gross afterwards.

After my shower, I got dressed into a pretty bit simple black dress and put on some black heels with red bottoms to go with it.

After I was dressed I did my hair and curled it. I grabbed my bag and keys and then left to go see Derek.

I arrived at the station. I got out of my car and walked into the building and towards Derek's office. I never really knock anymore so I opened the door that wasn't locked and walked in.

When I walked into the room it was a bit dark until I finally noticed. Derek was pinned against the wall and his so-called 'secretary' kissing him and he seemed to be enjoying it very much.

"So this is why your shifts are so long?" I ask as I turned the lights on so they could finally realize they weren't alone

"Meredith-" he says pushing her off him as she looks at me and smirks. "Am I really no use to you if I have a job? You just needed a housewife? Well, I'm sorry I couldn't help you in that and other areas," I say referring to sex.

"Because I chose not to sleep with people I've only known for a little more than a month," I say. I wait for him to say something but he doesn't seem to do or say something because he's just standing there against the wall.

She walks out of the room past me "I didn't know he was seeing someone," she whispers. "Good, because he no longer is," I say. She nods her head and leaves the room.

"Meredith I can explain-" he says with tears in his eyes. "Explain to the wall, you'll get a better response... I'll get my things and leave, what was between us, whatever it was. it's over. It's done. We're done." I say and leave the room, slamming the door behind me.

I walk down the halls getting weird looks from everyone as I do. I take the elevator and press the buttons. The elevator comes to a stop and the girl he was kissing steps on.

"For fucks sake," I whisper harshly. She gets on and presses one of the buttons. I cross my arms over my chest.

The elevator finally hits my floor. I step out of the elevator and go out to my car. I drive back to the house. I get out and go inside.

I grab my laptop and sit down on the bed with it in my lap. I start looking for apartment buildings.

After a few minutes, I hear a car pull in. I look outside and see Derek's back. I get up and go to my bedroom door, I close and lock it.

I go back to bed and continue looking. I finally found a nice place. It was closer to the hospital than this house was and I could afford the rent without worrying.

I messaged the person and waited for a reply.

Derek

I park in the driveway and thankfully I see Meredith's car parked as well. I get out of the car and go inside. Everything still looks the same, she's most likely in her bedroom.

She said she was going to pack her things but I don't know if she meant it or if she just said it out of anger.

I went to Meredith's bedroom door and knocked on it. No answer. I tried opening it but it was locked. She must have seen me pull in.

"Meredith, before you make any decisions I need you to let me explain!" I tell her but I get no answer.

"Meredith! Baby, please don't let this ruin everything. I didn't- she did but I didn't I promise you I didn't kiss her!" I say as I feel tears fall down my cheeks.

Still no answer.

I give up and walk back into my bedroom. I change out of my uniform and out of some sweatpants. As I go to lay down in bed I notice a bottle of Meredith's lotion on the nightstand.

She slept in my room so often that she had her lotion in here that she put on every night. She would rub it on her hands, her arms, legs, her chest, and neck before she would lay down.

When she would cuddle me in the middle of the night I would pull her close and smell the floral scent of lavender, she made the scent comforting.

And now I'll never be able to hold her in my arms while falling asleep because of a mistake I made.

I picked up the bottle of lotion and squeezed some into my hands I rubbed the lotion in until it was gone before laying down. The bedsheets still smelt like her and her perfume lavender.

I placed my hand in front of my face, breathing in the scent of lavender before falling asleep.