Chapter 99

we're at the cemetery for the funeral. I hear a car pull up. I turn and see my parents step out of the car.

"I forgot you invited my parents," I say to Derek as he stands next to me. "when I asked you said they should be here," he says back.

"I know, I just forgot," I say. "where's Emily?" I ask. "she's over there looking at the picture of Daniel," he says.

"Okay, I'm going to go find Cristina," I say. he nods. I let go of his hand and walk over to Cristina.

"how's it going with Derek and the baby thing?" she asks. "fine, my parents are here," I say.

"that sucks," she says. "from what I've heard your parents hate you," she says.

"I already know that, let's just hope their here for Daniel and Daniel only," I say.

"why wouldn't they?" she asks. "because they hated both Daniel and Emily when they were born and for as long as I lived with them the hatred never went away," I say.

"do you know the gender of the baby yet?" she asks. "yes, I do," I say. "what is it?" she asks. I whisper the gender in her ear.

"do you have a name yet?" she asks. "No, I have no idea what to name it, I have a few names I like but I'm not sure any of them would fit my kid," I say.

"what about Derek?" she asks. "he doesn't want to know the gender yet, he wants to wait for the birth before he finds out," I say.

"that's dumb," she says. "I agree, but he doesn't want to know and I have to figure out a name on my own. so much for working together," I say.

"is there a specific name you like?" she asks. "yes," I say. "what is it?" she asks. I tell her the name. "it's cute," she says.

"I think so too but I feel like the name will work best if the baby looks like him but if it looks like me then I'm not so sure," I say.

"I'd think it'd work for a blond and a brunette," she says. "it could, depends on what the baby looks like, and it's face," I say.

"and this is why I'm not having kids," she says. "kids aren't that bad," I say.

"you only have one, just wait until you have two," she says. "you're kid could be a demon," she says.

"it won't be a demon," I roll my eyes. "you never know," she says.

"when in the burial happening?" she asks. "why, getting bored already?" I ask sarcastically. "No, just wondering," she says.

"It should start soon," I say. "are you going to cry? because if you're going to cry I don't want to stand next to you," she says.

"I thought you were here for moral support," I say. "I am, but if you're going to cry that's what Derek's for. I don't know how to comfort a crying person," she says.

"that's true, Izzie was crying over a patient one time and you were literal shit at trying to get her to stop," I laugh.

"because she ugly cries. it's ugly and she's so loud, at least when you cry you're silent and you don't want me to comfort you, which I appreciate by the way," she says.

"you're welcome for not wanting you when I'm in pain," I say. "you know what I mean- your parents are staring at you- now they're staring at your stomach because you're fat and pregnant," she says.

"you're the worst at talking to pregnant people," I roll my eyes. "fine, they're staring because you're huge and pregnant," she says.

"thank you," I say. "you're dumb for thanking me when I called you huge," I say. "I'm not huge the kid is huge. blame the baby," I say.

"have fun losing that weight," she smiles. "you're doing it with me," I say.

"what, why do I have to do it with you?" she whines. "because you told me that one day you wanted me to force you to workout, so now's the perfect time," I say.

"fine, but you're a pain in the ass," she says. "and you can help me with the baby," I smirk teasingly.

"of course I do," she says sarcastically. "but I'm not having your kid shit all over me," she says. "I know, we'll give it to Derek when that happens," I say.

"good idea," she says.

"you were right, you're parents do look evil... now I understand where you and Emily get it from," she says.

"neither of us look evil," I roll my eyes. "yes, you do," she says. "you and Emily look the same and I thought she was mentally insane when I met her," she says.

"why would you think that?" I ask. "because she wouldn't talk and she would just stare at me, and then when I asked her what she wanted she would just take a step closer before running away," she says.

"Emily's a shy kid when it comes to new people," I giggle. "clearly, look at her when your mother talks to her," she says pointing to my mother and Emily.

"and now she's running to Derek because your mom looks like the evil witch and Disney movies," she says as we watch Emily run to Derek and away from my mother.

Derek bends down and lifts her into his arms and places her on his hip. he kisses her head and walks away from my parents.

"now we wait for the father to come," Cristina whispers in my ear causing me to glare at her.

drama in the next chapter.

Any baby names??