What are you doing here?

"Derek, what are you doing here?" I ask. "I just got here, I came to drink a bit before I leave tomorrow," he says.

I roll my eyes looking back at Cristina. "Where are the kids?" He asks. "With the a friend of mine," I say.

"Shouldn't they be asleep?" He says. Why does he care if they're asleep or not? "Of course they're asleep, it's one in the morning," I say.

"I'm going to go talk to that guy over there. Good luck," Cristina says as she gets up.

"No, Cristina!" I say. She smiles and waved as she walks over to some ginger guy. "Why are you here?" I ask.

I was hoping he would take his drink and leave. "I couldn't sleep," I say. "Neither could I," he says.

"I thought you said you wanted a drink before you left?" I say. "I just said that so I didn't seem like I missed you," he says.

"What's wrong with that? You're the one who screwed up," I say. "You're still mad about that I see," he says.

"Of course, I'm still mad. I expect me to get down on my knees and beg you to stay I'm going to get pissed, that's how people work," I say.

"I didn't actually want you to beg me to stay," he says. "Then why would you say something like that?" I ask.

"Because I didn't see a way I could make you un-mad so I decided to make you more mad," he says.

"You're stupid," I sigh. "I know... the only reason I got upset was that it felt like you were too okay with me leaving," he says.

"I was being supportive, Derek. That's how it's supposed to be," I say. "I realized that once you told me to leave," he says.

"It just felt like you were so okay with me leaving to where you wanted me to leave, and you giving me so many books to take felt like you were almost telling me to stay longer," he says.

I roll my eyes. Now I feel sorry for him. "You should have just said that instead of getting mad at me. I would have understood and then we wouldn't be here," I say.

"I know, I was already mad about something else and I needed to get it out and when I saw the opportunity I took it. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have took all out on you," he says.

"I know... what were you mad about before you came over to my place?" I ask. "Someone, that I don't like very much called me, I didn't recognize the number so I answered. He somehow found out about me and you and he threatened you and said how I would make a terrible father one day and... just stuff like that," he says.

"Next time when something like that happens just tell me, arguing with my isn't going to help, it'll only make things worse, Derek," I say.

"I know," he sighs. "I'm sorry," he says. "You already said that," I say. "You're not going to forgive so quickly, are you?" He chuckles.

"No, I'll forgive you when it feels like you deserve to be forgiven," I say.

"Fair enough," he says. "Did you two make up yet? That guy over there just compared me to a Disney princess and I don't want to listen to you two argue either,"  Cristina says.

"Yea, yea. Sit down," I say. She sighs sitting down next to me. "Which Disney princess?" I ask.

"Seriously, Mer? That's what you're asking?" She says. "Just wondering," I shrug. "The Asian one," she says.

"I don't know the Disney princesses so I wouldn't know what she looks like," I say. "Then why did you ask?" She says.

"To make small talk," I shrug. She groans.

What should happen next??