chapter 78

I'm at Derek's place now. he's in the other room in bed and I just got out of the shower. I wrap a towel around my body and towel dry my hair.

I walk back into the bedroom. I see my favorite set a dark purple silk pajamas. "did you steal these when I moved out?" I ask, dropping the towel.

he eyes scans up and down my body before his eyes stay at my center for a bit then they stay at my breasts. "yes, I did," he says.

"I've looking for these for... forever. why didn't you just say you had them?" I giggle. "because it was fun watching you run around the house looking for it," he chuckles.

"you're mean," I say as I get dressed and get into bed. "why didn't we have sex at the office?" he asks. "I don't know, I didn't want," I shrug as lie down and pull the covers up.

"you also winced," he says. "wince at what?" I ask with my eyes closed. "when I touched you, you winced," he says. "it's nothing, I wanna go to sleep," I say.

"Meredith, why did you wince?" he asks. "it's sore," I say. "what?" he asks. "It's sore. my vagina is sore. happy?" I say.

"why are you sore?" he asks. "I don't know, it just hurts and it's sore, that's why I winced," I say. "why didn't you tell my earlier, I would have been gentler," he says placing his hand on my core.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say. "I need an answer to why," he says. "Derek, baby. I don't know why just hurts," I say.

"show me," he says. "what?" I ask. "take your pants off, spread your legs," he says tapping my thigh with his hand. "you're annoying," I groan moving onto my back.

"you won't be saying that when I leave to France again," he says. "you're leaving again?!" I ask. "No, so appreciate me while I'm here," he says. "spread your legs!" he says.

I groan. I take my pants off and place them next to me. "do I have to ask again?" he asks. I roll my eyes and spread my legs for him. he gets onto his knees and looks between my legs. he leans down and takes closer look.

"what the hell did you do for that to happen?" he asks. "Derek, I don't know. I'm uncomfortable," I say. "relax," he says. "you should see a doctor," he says, kissing my knee and sitting next to me.

"you're not helping," I say. "I'm trying to help, you should go to the doctor," he says. "Derek!" I say sitting up as I feel tears burn my eyes. "what, does it hurt that much?" he asks holding my face.

"No, yes but no. you telling me to go to the doctor isn't helping!" I say. "Okay, Okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry," he says softly kissing my cheek softly.

"let's get some sleep, maybe that will help. I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just saying you should go just so it doesn't turn into something worse," he says.

"stop talking, it's making it worse," I sob. "okay, I'm sorry," he says. he kisses the side of my head. "lie down," he says. I lie down as tears continue to steam down my cheeks.

"calm down, go to sleep," he whispers. he kisses me before wrapping his arms around me and pulls me into his chest.

"it's not a big deal. I'm sure it'll go away soon," he says. I nod wiping my eyes.

****

the next morning

I wake up to the feeling of someone kissing my cheek and my entire before going down my neck. "Derek, it's early," I whine placing on the back of his head.

"it's not that early, Meredith," he says. "and I have to call the hospital because I didn't show up yesterday and I'm probably is going to be late today," I groan.

"actually, you're not going to make it into work today, it's too late," he says. "Derek! why didn't you wake me?" I ask opening my eyes, sitting up and looking at the alarm clock. it's one pm.

"you can miss two days," he kisses me. "I was gone for more than that. I was gone for all the time in Italy and then in New York and being. Derek I have to work or else I'm going to lose the job," I say.

"I already called you in sick with the flu," he says. "it's not your fault, they can't fire you for being sick," he says, kissing my cheek.

"I need to go," I say getting up out of bed quickly. "Meredith, don't leave yet," he says. I run into the bathroom and throw up.

I wipe my mouth, throw the toilet paper in the toilet and flush. "does this happen every morning?" he asks helping me stand. "yes, and sometimes during the day," I say going to the sink and washing my hands.

"you should go to the doctor if it happens everyday and throughout the day," he says. "then I should go," I say. "Meredith, why?" he asks. "I pushed the appointment to today," I say.

"fine, I'm going with you then," he says. "alright," I say. we grab our things and leave.