he's in jail 🤍

I go into my room and close the door I sit in bed and wait for a bit. I start to hear yelling a lot of moving around. I can't tell if Andrew's getting his ass kicked or if it's Derek, all I know is I should probably stay in here.

after about twenty minutes, everything goes silent. I debate on if I should stay in here or go check on them. I decide the go take a shower instead. after I showered I got dressed and dried my hair. after I was ready I opened the door and left my bedroom.

I walked down the hallway and saw that Derek was still there, standing in the kitchen by the island. "what happened when I went into my room?" I asked. I looked around the kitchen and saw a bit of blood left on the floor. it smelled like lemons in the room, the bottle of lemon dish soap by the sink.

"nothings wrong, everything is fine, Mer," he says. he walks over to me and places both his hands on my shoulders. "he's not going to be coming here anymore," he says. he runs his fingers though my hair before he presses his lips against mine.

"you don't have to worry about him anymore," he says after pulling away. "what did you do?" I ask. "that's not important anymore, the reason I asked you to leave the room it was because I didn't want you to see what I was going to do. I hurt him... I hurt him the way he shouldn't hurt you like he was going to had I not been here," he says softly.

"where is he?" I asked. "he's in jail, I called someone here and they came here to get him, and he'll be there for a while," he says. I nod before pulling away. "Meredith, I didn't hurt him enough to be put in a hospital, just enough to get the message through," he says.

"Derek, you can't just beat up some guy because he pissed you off," I say turning to look at him. "Meredith, I didn't beat him up because he pissed me off, I did it because he was going to hurt you,"

"he wouldn't have done anything," I sighed. "I saw what he going to do to you, Mer, he was going to hurt you," he walks closer to me. "he wasn't going to do anything," I say as I feel teats well up in my eyes. "but he was," he says softly, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"No, he wasn't," I say. "had I not been there he was going to, Meredith, he would have even if you don't want to believe it," he says, rubbing my arms. "No," I try to pull away but he pulled me back. "Meredith..." he starts.

"No, Derek. I don't want to talk," I said trying to pull away. "Meredith, what was your relationship with him like when you two were together?" he asks. "No, Derek. we're not talking about this it was years ago so no,"

I pushed his hands off my shoulder and walked back to my bedroom. I checked the time and saw it was almost eight and I have to wake up early in the morning. I went to my closet and picked out a night set and got dressed. I thought about telling Derek I was going to sleep but I didn't feel like I should worry about him being in there.

I turned the lights off and got under the covers. I turned off the lamp and laid down. I fell asleep a few minutes later.

***

I stirred awake. I opened my eyes and looked around the room and saw Derek at the foot of the bed. I pulled the covers up higher and closed my eyes again. I felt the other side of the bed dip. I rolled onto my stomach and pulled the pillow closer.

I felt him place his arm on the side of my body as he leans over to kiss my cheek. he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling closer into his chest.

he kissed my head, cheek before he kissed my lips. I pressed my face into the crook of his neck and relaxed.

"what time do you leave for work in the morning?" I hear him whisper. "four," I tell him. he nods and lays down. "you like waking up every morning so early for work just to take care of the criminally insane?" He asks.