Chapter 124

hours had passed since he left the operating room. Derek was in the in the nursery room where they kept all the baby's including his.

he hadn't heard anything about Meredith yet. he had seen her face before he left and she didn't look well.

they didn't tell him anything when he asked so needed to wait until the surgery was finished before they would tell him anything.

he continued to run his hand along Logan's dark hair before he started to fuss. he brought both his hands to his head and started tossing his head side to side and started to cry.

Derek reached both his arms into the small crib and lifted him into his arms while making sure to support his head. he gently bounced him and laid him down on his chest.

Logan's cries soon stopped and he fell asleep.

Derek knew he was going to be hungry soon and Meredith still wasn't awake, at least that he knew of.

he also knew Meredith had planned to breastfeed him but she wasn't here and he most likely was going to have to feed him formula instead, until Meredith woke up.

he carefully removed Logan from his chest and held him in both his hands. he gently kissed his forehead before he laid him back into the crib.

he made sure Logan was fully asleep before leaving the room. he walked back into Meredith's room.

he was surprised to see her laying in bed. nobody had came to tell him she was out of surgery and that she was fine.

"Mr. Shepherd, I was just going to find you and deliver the news, Ms. Grey is out of surgery," the doctor said.

"I can see that. is she okay?" he asked, walking over to her bedside and taking her pale hand in his.

"I'm afraid not. your son is okay as you already know... but when you left the operating room some bleeding had started. it took a while for us to find where the bleeding was coming from. we finally found it and we stopped the bleeding as soon as we found it but by the time we found it she had lost too much blood," she said.

"is she going to be okay?" he asked again. the doctor was telling him things but these things weren't telling him if Meredith was going to be okay.

"it's not possible to say. she lost too much blood from her brain and she is now in a coma, we don't know for how long," she said.

as soon as the word 'coma' came out of the doctors mouth he felt tears come to his eyes.

he looked down at the floor. "I'll let you two be alone," she said before leaving the room and closed the door behind her.

when the door closed years pooled from his eyes. he dropped his head in his hand and let out a sob.

he didn't understand it this could have led to Meredith being in a coma.

all this was supposed to be was a simple procedure. one simple cut, take the baby out, close her back up, and that was supposed to be it.

the reason Meredith wanted a c- section was so nothing bad would happen to the baby and that did happen, but when the knew the baby was going to be safe he didn't know this was something that could happen.

he had a bad feeling about the c- section but he thought the worst that was going to happen was going to be they would cut too much, or she was going to be in pain.

he didn't know that it was possible to fall into a coma just from something as simple as a c- section. this was supposed to be simple and nothing bad was supposed to happen, especially not a coma.

 this was supposed to be simple and nothing bad was supposed to happen, especially not a coma