Chapter 131

I spring up in bed, panting out of breath and sweating. It was just a dream, it was just a dream. I tell myself over and over.

I get up and take a shower before going back to bed.

two days later

I didn't get the chance to go to the hospital yesterday because I was too busy with Logan and when Logan was asleep or with my mom I was tired and went to sleep or showered. I just couldn't find a way to go to the hospital and I hate myself for it.

I'm going to the hospital today while my mom is staying here with Logan. I told her I would take him with but she insisted on staying with him.

she said she missed having newborns in the family and she wanted to spend as much time as possible with him while he was still at this age. she also said how much she missed 'the baby scrunch'

I told her where everything was before she kicked me out of the house. I grabbed my coat and keys before leaving the apartment.

when I arrived at the hospital I went to her room. when I walked in there was a nurse and doctor in her room.

"Mr. Shepherd, you're here," she said when she saw me.

"yes, I said I was going to be here," I said, walking over to Meredith's bed and kissing her forehead.

"Well, there were some changes yesterday but you weren't here so we decided to wait until you came here today-" she said.

"there's been some changes?" I ask. "are they good or bad changes?" I ask, sitting down in the chair.

"they seem to be good changes, during rounds one of the interns noticed her finger moved," she said with a smile.

"that's big news?" I ask. "yes, for her condition it is big," she says.

"So... she might wake up soon?" I ask, with a bit of hope as I reach out and hold Meredith's hand in mine.

"Yes, the chances of her waking up are now higher," she said. "I'll leave you two alone," she said before she and the nurse left the room.

I talked to Meredith for a bit, I told her about Logan and what he looks like and how he sleeps a lot which is good.

I also told her about my mother being in town and how she's at home right now watching Logan. I also tell her that Emily is still with Cristina.

After twenty minutes or so, I decided to read a bit just so I can spend some time with being in the same room as her.

Even though she can't talk to me or do anything being in the same room as her just helps. It feels like the world stops for a bit when it's just me and her alone.

---
After another hour, I closed my book and decided I should probably go home and see how Logan and my mom are going.

I pulled down the bars on the side of the bed and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I ran my fingers through her hair as I told her I was going to be leaving. I said my goodbye and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

When I pulled away I stared at her for a second. I picked up her hand and ran my thumb across her knuckles softly.

Right as I was about to get up and leave I thought I heard a small sound come from Meredith.

I stopped and looked at her but she stayed still and quiet. I told myself it was just my head before I went to stand up again.

But this time she made a sound that was almost like a moan and turned her head a bit to the side.

"Meredith? Meredith, can you hear me?" I asked while gently squeezing her hand in mine.

I watched as her eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked at me and closed her eye for a few seconds before she opened them again.

"Meredith... thank God," I said smiling. She tried sitting up but couldn't do it. I helped her sit up and moved the back up the bed a bit higher.

"I-" she tried talking but couldn't. I grabbed the pitcher of water from the small table that they put there in case she woke up and poured some into the small pink cup.

I held it to her lips and she drank the whole thing.

"What happened?" She asked while squinting her eyes from the light. "You were in a coma, you had the c- section but there was some bleeding and there wasn't enough blood in your brain so you fell into a coma," I told her.

She looked at me shocked but she didn't say anything.

"Where is he?" She asked. "Logan, Where is he?" She asked again.

"He's at home with my mother, he's fine and he's healthy," I told her still smiling.

"I know, you told me," she said. "You heard me when I was talking to you?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, but I couldn't open my eyes. I wanted to but they felt too heavy," she says.

"You can see him later but right now you need a doctor," I say.