chapter 105

MEREDITH

I walk into the living room to check on Emily. I stand at the doorway as I watch her and Grace play with the toys.

I watch as Grace talks to Emily making her smile. I suddenly feel tears In my eyes. "hey... what are you crying for?" Derek asks as he puts his hand on my waist.

"nothing it's nothing," I say quickly. "Hormones?" He asks. He smile a bit as I nod.

"if you need anything let me know, okay?" he says. I nod. "thank you," I say. "of course," he says as he kisses my head.

he goes to walk away before I grab his arm. "can we talk about something?" I ask. "sure," he says as he stands in front of me.

"we never set a date for the wedding. are we going to wait until the baby's born and have him be apart of the wedding, or do we just find a really big wedding dress?" I ask.

"well, what do you want? you're the one wearing the dress," he says as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I want to wait until he's born before we have the wedding and we can just give him to your mom," I say.

"okay, there we go," he says kissing my cheek. "yes, but we still don't have a date," I say.

"we'll make an official date when he's not so bad. we should do it when they he's still pretty young, before he goes through the screaming bloody murder stage," he says.

"when's that?" I ask. "I'll ask my mother," he says. "so that's... six months?" I ask. "yes," he says. "in six months we're going to have a three month old..." I say thinking about it.

"in three months we're going to have a newborn," he smiles. "I know it's crazy, isn't it," I smile wrapping my arms around his neck.

"yea, but at least he'll be cute," he says before leaning down and kissing my lips.

He pulls away and goes into the other room.

A few hours later

I'm sitting on the couch reading a book. Amelia got here earlier and I told her about what happened to Daniel.

Thankfully she isn't one of those people who say 'I'm sorry for your loss' like a hundred times so I didn't have to tell her to shut up.

She asked me what kind of porn I read. I took out one of my books and told her to read all the red stickers and she did.

After she read the first one she gave me a shocked look before she continued reading them.

Nancy arrived earlier with her crapload of annoying kids. I like Derek's nieces and nephews but Nancys kids are unbearable, other than Grace.

Nancy showed up with some women that looked kind if familiar but I couldn't tell from wear.

I asked Amelia about it and she told me it was Derek's ex-girlfriend Addison. And then it all came to me. She's the women who kissed Derek when I took the twins the the dark for the first time and almost broke us up, again.

Amelia asked why and I told her the whole story about how Addison tried to ruin our relationship back then and that also lead to me telling her about all the other things derek did and the other times we broke up and almost broke up. And I told her about the time wear  i bright I had a miscarriage.

And I also told her the baby was a boy which she seemed very happy about. "I hope the baby looks like Derek," she says.

"Why?" I ask. "Because if he looks like Derek than he looks like me," she says. "So self-cantered," Addison whispers to herself.

"I thought she liked you?" I whisper. "No, she hates me," Amelia says.

"Why does she hate you?" I ask. "She thinks I stole her perfume," she says. "... did you?" I ask.

She looks at me annoyed. "No... I told one of the kids to take it and bury it outside," she says.

"And they listened?"I say. "Yea, and they never found it," she laughs.

"You got the kids to bury my favourite perfume?!" Addison screeches.

"She's like a bird when she screams," Amelia mumbles.

"What would Derek say if he heard you told his nieces and nephews to do that?" She says.

"Nothing, he was in on it," she says. "Im going to tell Derek," she says before getting up and going over to Derek.

"She's a literal child. When they dated in high school she was so clingy. She would follow Derek everywhere. She would even go to the bathroom with him and held his hand when he peed," she says.

"How did you find that out?" I ask. "I walked in the bathroom and they forgot to lock the door," she says. "I'm just glad she was standing on front of his thing so I didn't see anything," she says.

"Those must have been fun years," I say sarcastically. "They weren't. She tried getting my parents to kick me out when she saw me smoking weed," she says.

"You were higher than a kite," Addison says as she comes back into the room with Derek.

"Tell her," she says to Derek in a whiny voice. She's much different to him.

"Tell her what? It was over ten years ago and she's an adult. I can't say anything that will make Amelia listen," he says.

He tries walking over to me but she grabs his arms and tells him to step. He pushes her hand off and walks over to me, sitting next to me.

"If she talks to me, punch her," he whispers in my ear.

"My hands are too small for that," I say. "Well, I can't. I'll go to jail," he says. "You're a cop, say she was trying to grab your crotch,"

"It's illegal to lie, Mer. And I'm a cop I could lose my job," he says.

"Then work for me. I'll pay you to clean, order me some more books, buy the baby's clothes, and I'll give you a tip for some good sex" I smile.

"So I'm a your slave now?" He asked with an amused smile. "Yes, you have everything it takes," I smile.

"What am I going to do with you?" He sighs shaking his head. "You could break up with her?" Addison says.

"She really knows how to ruin a moment," I roll my eyes. "There was no moment to ruin," she says.

"Well, I trapped him with a baby and I'm going to take all his money so even if he does go back to you I'll have everything, including his son," I say.

"So self-centred" she rolls her eyes. "Yea, very self-centred," he says looking at me intently, making Addison smile because she believes him.

"But as long as I get to see my son I'm okay with it," he shrugs. "But that's not fair, you deserve better," Addison says in a 'pick me' voice.

"Have fun with this," I say as I get up to go check on Emily outside.

He grabs my hand and I stop to look back at him. "Please don't leave me with her," he begs.

"Now who's begging?" I smirk as he glared at me from the memory. "I love you," I say. I kiss him before walking away.