going down

DEREK

I made Meredith something to eat before telling her to come to the table. She put her book down and came to the table, sitting across from me.

I set her plate down in front of her before making my own plate. She tried eating with her left hand but that didn't work so she used her right one instead.

"How often did you used to sleepwalk?" I asked her after a moment of silence.

"At first it was just a few times a week before it turned into every night. after my mother found me in the kitchen turning the stove on and off she took me back to my room and locked it from the inside," she says.

"Did that help?" I ask. "For a bit... but then it started all over again. I started to unlock the door and go downstairs. I would rearrange the chairs, move the table, pour cleaning liquids into the sink... I was out of control. It was the day after I tried to hurt Lexie that they took me to a therapist... I thought that I did it because I had some deep hatred for her.. like when I was five. But he said that sleepwalking doesn't mean anything, there is no reason for it, no story behind the actions," she said then paused.

"After my first therapy session, my mom would put a lock on my door from the outside. She would lock it when I fell asleep and then she would unlock it an hour before my alarm clock would go off," she finishes.

"So you didn't do any more crazy things after that?"

"I only woke up to some of my books on the floor, towels thrown across the bathroom, sometimes I would write things down it was all gibberish though. One time I opened my window one night and started talking apparently and the neighbour who was walking his dog saw me sticking my head and talking about some guy. he told my dad and my dad put a lock on my window as well, just to be safe," she says. Should I be worried?

"Some guy?" I ask. "Yea, I asked the neighbour if I said a name... I did and it was just a fictional character in one of my books though," she shrugged as she played around with her food a bit.

"Do you wanna lock yourself in your room? You did say you woke up standing on that railing and the railing is pretty thin, Mer. You're lucky you fell backwards and not forwards,"

"I might have to. But how am I going to unlock it in the morning?" She says. "With a key," I say. "That won't work. If I know where the key is then I'll just unlock it in my sleep,"

"I could stay here a few nights, just until the sleepwalking dies down. I'll keep the key to myself and I won't tell you where it is,"

"You have work early in the mornings and the station isn't very close to my apartment building, it's too much to ask for," she says. "it's not. there are other people on the case I'm working on. it's fine if I'm a little late for a few mornings,"

"won't your boss get annoyed?" she asks. "No, she has a soft spot for me," I smile at her. "your boss is a woman? of course, she has soft spot for you," she rolls her eyes. "it's not that bad, if she gets mad all I have to do is compliment her shoes and she forgets all about it,"

"so you're not worried she'll try and make a move on you?" she says. "No, she already did when we weren't together. she found out you broke up with me and then she tried pitying me, feeling bad for me, she even offered me a blowjob in the office to make me feel better," I say. Meredith giggles.

"you think that's funny?" I ask looking up at her. "a little. I always thought only guys thought going down on someone helped, did you take the offer?" she giggles. "No. has a guy ever said that to you?" I ask. "yes, when I started working at the hospital,"

"a guy you worked with wanted to go down on you?" she glares at me. "I don't mean it like that. I've wanted to go down on you since the day I met you but when I found out you were a virgin I didn't want to rush you into things," I say.

"Mm-hmm, sure. he wasn't the only guy it was multiple guys," I look at her. "I didn't say yes to it, I wouldn't even let you do it, why would I let some random guy do it?" she says. "why wouldn't you let me do it?" I ask. "you're really asking me?" she says smirking.

"yes, why wouldn't you want me to?" I ask. "I don't know, is it that big of a deal?" she shrugs. "yes, I want you to trust me," I say. "you really want to be face to face with my vagina that bad?" she laughs. "yes, of course, I would. I'd do it right now if you'd let me,"

she rolls her eyes. "just eat your food," she says.

***

we finish eating and Meredith goes into her room. I open her door and watch her walk around her room. "are you looking for something?" I ask her as I walk into the room. "what? No, I'm not looking for anything,"

"you're flushed," I say looking at her face. "shut up," she rolls her eyes. "is it about what I said about going down on you in the kitchen?" I smirk leaning against the doorway. her face turns more flushed before she turns around.

"Meredith... it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's fine. I like the thought of being face to face with your pussy I would enjoy every second of it. Each and every time," I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and kiss her cheek. she blushes. "I'll go do the dishes and then I'll drive you to work when you're ready," I suck on her neck for a few seconds before I turn her around and kiss her passionately.

"I love you," I kiss her forehead and go into the kitchen.

I just finished Verity!!!

which theme???