Secrets

Dereks pov:

I woke up the next morning. I looked to my right and saw Meredith still asleep next to me. I carefully got out of bed and left the room. I went into the kitchen and took out a pan from the cabinet.

I placed the pan on the stove and turned it on. I went to the fridge and took out some eggs and some vegetables, I went back to the stove and started cooking.

after I finished cooking and brought it to the dining table. I washed my hands. I went back to my bedroom and opened the door. Meredith was still in bed, but now she was laying on her stomach with her face pressed into the pillow.

I walked over to her and sat down on the side of the bed. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed softly up and down. she took her face out of the pillow and turned so she was facing the other direction.

"it's early, I made breakfast," I say softly. she doesn't reply. I moved further onto the bed and sat next to her. "Meredith," I say while running my hand through her hair. "I'm not hungry," she whispers so I can barely hear her.

"I know you're upset about what happened, But you have to get up," I rub her shoulder. "I don't want to get up," she mumbles. "Meredith,"

"I said no," she rolls over and wraps her arm around my waist, cuddling into me. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her close, kissing the top of her head. "have you spoken with your boss since yesterday?" I ask her.

"No, I'm pretty sure he'll fire me," she whispers while looking down disappointed. "and why's that?" I ask. "because before I left I yelled at him," she says. "that's good, what he did was wrong."

"I know, but everyone was staring at me, and when I was packing my things one of the guys I worked with, who I thought I was friends with, said that I was stupid to think dating a cop was a good idea and I should have just slept with the rich guy instead of worrying how you would have felt if I slept with someone else," she said as tears started to form in her eyes again.

"is that the only reason you didn't sleep with him? because you didn't want me to be mad," I say. "that's not the only reason; he was old and I wasn't comfortable serving him and he made me more uncomfortable when he started touching me and..."

"and what?" I asked softly as I put my hand on her shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly. "I never..." she whispered looking down at her hand. "Meredith, you can tell me, it's okay," I whispered the last part and kissed her forehead. I felt that I already knew what she was going to say.

"I've never... I'm sorry I can't say it," she cried into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her small body and pulled her close to my chest, gently rocking her back and forth.

"you don't have to tell me, I already know," I whispered against her hair. "How do you know?" she asked trying to hide her tears and the crack in her voice. "it's okay that you're a virgin," I chuckled a bit. "Then why are you laughing?" she cried more.

"No, No. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing because you think I would be mad," I said still smiling a bit. "most guys I've dated were, why should you be any different?" she sniffled. she wiped her eyes and pulled herself together a bit.

"it's fine with me if you don't want to have sex or that you're a virgin," I say. "Are you sure?" She asks. "Yes, of course," I say.

She smiles as she lifts her head from my chest. She straddles me putting one of her legs beside each of my thighs.

She puts her hands on my shoulder and stared at my lips for a few seconds before she leans in and kisses me.

After our long kiss, she pulls away breathless. She lays her head down on my chest and wraps her arms around my neck, pushing her face into the side of my neck.

"Thank you," she whispers. "What for?" I ask. "For being nice," she says. "You're welcome," I say, kissing her forehead and wrapping my arms around her.

Wait until she finds out what I've been hiding from her. She won't think that for very long.

Don't forget to check out my story 'Desperate Desire'