I don't want them anymore

MEREDITH

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I picked it up and saw that it was Lexie.

I answered the phone. "Hello?" I say. "Meredith, I can't do it anymore," I hear her say, crying.

"Do what?" I ask. "These kids," she says. "why's? what's the matter? are they sick?" I ask. "No, No. it's not that... they're driving me insane, I don't want them anymore, I can't take it. I can't have kids," she cries.

"Lexie, what are you talking about?" I ask. "I've felt this way for years, I didn't have a job interview last time, I just didn't want them. I can't keep them anymore," she says. "Ugh, Lexie! why didn't you get an abortion then?" I say, annoyed.

"Because I thought mom and dad would get mad," she says. "mom and dad don't give two shits about what the hell you do with the kids your pregnant with... why didn't you give them up for adoption?" I say. "because I loved them so much,"

"why are you trying to make everyone happy if it makes you miserable? I mean seriously, Lexie! what's going to happen when your kids find this out?" I say. "they won't have to," she says. "yes, they will. the truth always comes out, you kept them to make everyone else happy expect for them, they're going to hate you forever... you really aren't cut out for a mother. call me when I get back from Italy and I'll help them then," I say.

"thank you," she says. "I'm not doing this for you," I say. I hang up the phone and throw it across the room. "what was that about?" I hear Derek ask in a tired voice. "Lexie, she's regretting having the twins," I say turning to the side to face him.

"what?" he asks shocked. "she says the only reason she had them was to make our parents and me happy," I say. "did it?" he asks. "No, my parents don't even care about they're one kids let alone someone else's and I don't want her to have kids she doesn't want," I say.

"what is she going to do?" he says. "I don't know and I don't care," I shrug. "but they're your niece and nephew," he says. "I'll do something when we get back, I can't do anything right now," I say. "we can go back sooner, we already caught the guy," he says.

"No, things will be fine until we get back," I say. "are you sure?" he says. "yes, I'm going to sleep," I say.

****

I wake up a few hours later. I open my eyes and see Derek's not in bed. "Derek?" I ask. "yeah, I'm still here," he says as he comes from behind me and kisses my bare shoulder. "did I take my clothes off asleep again?" I ask looking down at my breasts.

"No, you took your shirt off went you went to bed," he says rubbing his hand up and down my back. "your phone rang again," he says as I sit up and lean against the headboard. "who was it?" I ask pushing my hair out of my face.

"your sister, Lexie. she's called multiple times," he says handing me my phone. "I'll deal with her later," I say. I toss my phone onto the bed and walk into the bathroom. "I don't even get a kiss before you shower?" he says. I turn around to see him standing there with a frown on his face.

I smile a little as I walk back over and kiss him on the cheek. "you'll get a real kiss later," I say. I go into the bathroom and take my shower. after my shower, I go back into the bedroom and I started getting dressed.

"Meredith, your sister called again when you were in the shower," Derek says as he walks over to me. he dressed in a pair of jeans and a tight black short sleeved shirt with his hair styled perfectly. "did you answer?" I ask. "No, but she's also texted you a lot and it seems like she wants you to call her back," he says. "I'll call her when I'm dressed," I say. I pick out a dress and a pair of bra and panties before taking off my rope and got dressed.