Chapter 152

MEREDITH

I'm in bed laying under the covers that Derek threw on top of me. I have to stay home from work again and Derek also took a day off work. he's out taking Logan to pre-school right now.

a few minutes later I hear the front door open and footsteps toward the bedroom door before it opens.

"How are feeling?" he asks walking over to me. "I would feel better if I could get out of bed and shower," I say.

"you showered this morning," he says kissing my forehead.

"I know, but I still feel dirty from sweating one second to being freezing cold the next," I say.

"do you want me to help you take a shower?" he asks. "no, I want to do it myself," I say.

"I'm not letting you do that. I fell for that this morning and you fainted when you got out," he says.

"I was fine, I didn't hurt myself," I say.

"yea, because I was there to catch you," he says. "please, baby?" I say.

"No, Meredith, you're clean and you don't need to shower... you need to take some medicine though," he says.

"I don't want medicine," I say. "Meredith, if you don't take your medicine then you're going to have to go to the doctors," he says.

"I told you, Derek, I'm not sick," I groan as I fall back onto the headboard.

"Meredith you fainted this morning you're pale as a ghost, you've been throwing up constantly, and you can hardly walk without getting dizzy. if that's not sick then I don't know what is!" he says getting frustrated.

"that's it. I'm not doing this with you," I say. I push the covers off me and get out of bed.

as I walk into the kitchen I feel myself getting dizzy but I don't want to let him know that he's right. I walk over to the fridge and grab a cold water from it.

"Meredith... get back in bed, you are going to faint if you keep walking around," Derek says as he walks into the kitchen.

"No, I'm not getting back in bed, it's misery in there. you won't even let me sit on the couch," I say, screwing off the top and taking a sip from it.

"the couch is full of germs that Logan brings home from pre-school," he says.

"ew, then clean it," I say. "No, couches don't need to be cleaned," he says. "then don't complain about germs," I say.

"get back in bed and I won't have to!" he says. "shut up," I say as I screw the top back onto the water bottle.

"Meredith, you have to understand that I'm doing this because I love you," he says walking toward me.

"No! I don't want to be stuck in bed all day!" I raise my voice.

"so you would rather be fainting!" he says raising his voice.

"I'm not going to faint!" I yell.

"and why do you say that!" he yells. "because I'm not sick!" I yell back.

"Because I'm pregnant! Derek, I'm pregnant!" I yell. his face drops and the room goes silent.

"I'm going to go shower," I say calmly as I walk out of the kitchen and back into the bedroom.

I go into our bathroom and turn on the shower. "what did you mean when you said you're pregnant?" Derek asks as he stands in the doorway.

"I mean there's a living human growing inside of me," I say, feeling the water to make sure it's the right temperature.

"When were you going to tell me?" he asks. "when I felt like it," I say. "which was when?" he asks. "five minutes ago," I say.

"so you were waiting for an argument?" he asks. "would you rather me not tell you at all?" I ask turning to face him.

"No," he says. "then stop complaining. I was planning to tell you when the time was right. I was thinking of telling you tonight when Logan was asleep with a shirt I bought Logan but you have to be so pushy," I say, walking past him into the bedroom.

I grab a clean pair of clothes and my silk robe before going back into the bathroom. "where is the shirt?" he asks.

"It's in the bag in the closet," I say as he leaves the room. I take off my clothes and get into the shower.

***

after my shower, I take my towel off and put on my robe. I open the door and walk into the bedroom.

"what are you doing?" I ask as I walk over to Derek while he sits on the edge of the bed and holds the shirt I bought Logan, it says 'worlds best big brother' and looking down at it.

"Nothing," he says while keeping his eyes on the shirt. "Derek, talk to me... do you not want another baby?" I ask getting a bit worried.

"No, no, no, no, it's not that, baby," he says as he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me onto his lap so I'm sitting on his leg.

"then what is it?" I ask, loosely wrapping my arms around his neck.

"nothing. I guess I just wasn't expecting you to have to be pregnant," he says. "Okay, you're making me think this whole being pregnant thing is bad," I say.

"No, Meredith, it's not bad... just not what I was expecting," he says as he kisses the side of my head.

"Well, are you at least happy?" I say.

"yes, Mer, of course, I'm happy," he says rubbing my back.

"Derek... don't lie to me," I say.

"baby, I'm not lying to you... like I said it was just a little unexpected but that doesn't mean I'm not happy. you know I've always wanted a lot of kids and this baby will make that happen," he says.

"your face isn't saying you're happy," I say. "you want to see me happy?" he asks. I nod. he stands up and tosses me onto the bed making me giggle.

he undoes the tie on my rope and he starts kissing my stomach. he kisses all around my stomach. "does this show you that I'm happy?" he asks muffled into my stomach.

"yes, it does," I say as he continues kissing my stomach. he starts kissing lower and starts sucking on my clit.

"Derek," I moan, reaching down and running my fingers through his hair.