Deluca

TW: mention of rape

it was a day later. I had I really bad headache and my stomach hurts and I was throwing up all this morning.

I was sitting in the lounge chair reading until I heard a knock at the door. I groaned before standing up and walked over to the door.

I opened it to Derek at the door, smiling happily. "what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"nice to see you too," he smiles before walking past me, kisses me on the cheek, and into the apartment.

"I brought you something to eat, just in case you didn't want to cook," he says placing a container on the kitchen counter.

"I'm not hungry," I say, going back to the chair and picking up my book.

"are you alright?" he asks walking over to me.

"yes, I'm fine," I say.

"you don't seem fine," he says sitting on the arm rest of the chair I'm sitting on.

"I told you the other day that I wasn't feeling well," I roll my eyes.

"yes, I know. but I was hoping that would just be a small cold," he says pressing his hand to the back of my head.

"have you been feeling more sick lately?" he asked.

"yes, I threw up this morning," I say.

"Are you that sick? do you need anything?" he asks.

"No, I fell like crap but I'll be fine,"

"Meredith, you don't look fine..."

"I"M FINE, DEREK. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" I yell before I get up and go to my room, slamming the door shut.

DEREK

she slams the door shut, leaving me standing there. was I hovering? maybe she just needed to be alone for a bit.

I picked up the book she left on the chair. I place the bookmark in the place she left off  on. I cleaned the place up a bit.

after around twenty minutes, Meredith still hadn't come out of her room. I walked down the fall and found her bedroom.

I carefully opened the door and when I walked in I saw Meredith sitting in bed, reading but she looked like she was going to fall asleep soon.

"Meredith, if your tired, lie down and get some rest,"

"No, I don't want to," she says.

"Are you hungry now?"

"Not really," she says.

"Okay, well I'm not here for no reason, so either let me make you something to eat or we can do something else. I can give you something if your still feeling sick..." I say. she closes her book and lays down in bed.

"fine, I getting you medicine weather you like it or not," I say. I go into the kitchen and grab a bottle of medicine from the cabinet.

I grab a glass and pour some orange juice in it before  going back into her bedroom. "what hurts? head, stomach, throat..." I pour some medicine into the spoon and hold it to her mouth. she drinks the medicine and takes the orange juice from my hand and drinks it.

she hands the glass back to be and I place it on the nightstand.

I stare at her for a bit before look at her eyes and see that she's crying. "Meredith?" I say.. she puts her hand over her mouth and cried even more.

"Meredith, what's wrong?" I put my hand on her back. she grabbed my hand and held it tight. "Meredith, what is it?" I ask.

"I-I c-I can't say it," she sobs.

"you don't have to say it," I whisper. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into me. I lift her up gently and sit her down in my lap. "He was here," she cried after she calmed down a bit. Who was here? I ask. ... a guy I used to date... he wasnt the best boyfriend, I dont really wanna talk about it, she whispers the last part.

what is his name? I whispered against her hair. Deluca, Andrew Deluca, she answers. what does he look like? I ask. umm, Black hair, brown hair, Italian, she says as she pulls my shirt that was tucked in out and running her hand up to rest on my chest, and she lays her head on my shoulder.

How long ago was he here? I ask. maybe half an hour ago, she shrugs. what was he doing here? I run my fingers through her hair. I dont know, I asked how he knew where I lived and he said it looked it up on google and found out I was a nurse at the mental hospital and he found out my phone number on the internet and he tracked my phone down when he called me, she presses her face into my neck.

he called you? I say. Yes, but I didnt answer because it was an unknown number, she replies. did he do anything to you when he was here? I ask. nothing, he just tried getting me to sleep with him, she whispers.

he what?

he tried to get me to sleep with him... then my hand was close to the pot that I had just taken off the stove and ended up hitting him in the head with it, she mumbled. you did what? I ask. I didnt mean to. he was just getting to close and I was getting uncomfortable and I didnt know it was going to happen until it did, she as she was about the cry again,

No, No, No. its okay, you didnt do anything wrong, what he did was wrong and you had every right to hit him in the head with a hot pot, I said kissed her forehead. I want you to call me if something like that happens, alright? I say. she nods.

Ill take a look into him for you, I say. No, No. Derek, you cant do that, if you do that hell come here again and hell worse. please dont, Derek, please, she says with tears in her eyes and she straddles my lap.

Meredith, he cant do that to you, I tell her, holding her face in my hands. if you do something then hell come here and do worse then he already did. please dont do anything, Derek please, dont, she says as tears fall down her cheeks.

Ill do everything to make sure he wont hurt you, baby I promise... but he cant get away with trying to rape you, I tell her. hell only do worse, Der, she wipes her eyes and lays her head on my shoulder.

call me if he comes here again, okay? I say. she nods. I pull her closer and kiss her head.

Deluca??