Chaptet 92

I check on Emily and see that she's doing just fine and is still asleep.

I stayed in Emily's room for a bit just to make sure everything was okay.

After a few hours I started getting tired. I kissed Emily's head before leaving the room.

I got some coffee and checked on Meredith again. I open the door and walk in, sitting down next to her.

"How's it going in here?" I ask.

"Fine," she sighs.

"But they want me to eat something," she groans as she looks at the place in front of her.

"You should eat something, maybe I'll calm your nerves," I say.

"And it should help with the baby, you know... so it doesn't think something horrible happened," I say.

"You think it thinks like that?" She asks.

"It could, I mean it has to know something happened... and eating something should reassure it," I say.

"Good point," she says.

"When you get out of the hospital I'll take you out to dinner so you don't remember the hospital food taste," I say.

"How's Daniel?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, they haven't told me anything. Stop thinking about it and eat.

Not even I'm sure Daniels going to be fine but worrying about it won't make things better.

"I'm not sure I'm hungry," she says pushing the table away.

"Meredith, you're going to be sick if you don't eat something," I say.

"I ate at work," she says.

"That was hours ago Meredith. Eat," I say.

"I'll eat when I know Daniels okay," she says.

"Meredith we don't know if he is okay. And if he's not you can't starve yourself" I say.

"You shouldn't say things like that... if you don't want to be comforting then you can leave," she says.

She lays under the cover and faces away from me.

"Meredith that's not what I meant" I say.

"I already know what you meant. Just go" she says.

"You're pregnant and you were in a car accident, I'm not leaving you alone," I say.

"Then stop talking and let me sleep," she says.

"I thought you already slept," I say.

"I did, but the nurse gave me something for the pain and it's making me tired. I need to get more sleep so my body can heal," she says.

"What about the baby?" I ask.

"They already gave the baby something with vitamins and all the things it needs so the baby's fine," she says.

"What about you?" I ask.

"I'm fine" she says.

"I'm sure Daniel will be fine, I just don't want you to worry about anything until there is something to worry about," I say.

"he's in a hospital after a car accident, that's something to worry about," she says.

"you know what I mean. he's going to be fine but until they say he's not don't worry about anything," I say.

"than go ask them!" she says. I sigh and stand up.

"I'll tell you if they know anything," I say and kiss her head before leaving the room.

I walk out of the room and find one of the nurses on Daniel's case. they said they weren't sure about anything.

"the doctors are doing their best to help him but... are you his father by any chance?" she asks.

"No, him and his sister live with their aunt and their aunt is my fiancée," I say.

"he's not doing very good at the moment but he should be fine," she says.

"thank you," I say before walking away.

I walk back down the hall and go back into Meredith's room.

"he's going to be fine, I asked one of the nurses," I say.

"so... he'll live?" she asks.

"yes, he's going to be fine," I say.

"that's good," she says.

"Now will you be able to relax?" I ask sitting down in the chair next to her bed.

"come here," she says tapping the spot next to her.

"Mer, I don't want to hurt you," I say.

"you're going to hurt me, if you do I'll slap you in return," she says. seems fair

I pull down the side of the bed and sit down next to her.

"you wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"about what?" she asks.

"what happened, how you feel?" I say.

"No. did you have any weird crushes when you were little?" she ask.

"not that I'm aware of, I don't really remember anything like that from when I was little," I say.

"really? did your parents ever think you were gay?" she asks.

"No, why would they think that?" I ask.

"because you didn't have any crushes when you were little," she says. "that doesn't mean I'm gay," I say.

"it could though, what about your sister, did she ever have any weird crushes when she was little?" she asks.

"not really, just one boy at school but he told her she was ugly so she punched him in the face and then she said she never wanted to date boys... and she got suspended," I say.

"that explains it," she says as she picks up my arm and pulls it around her.

"explains what?" I ask.

"I don't know if I should tell you, it's not my place," she says as she lays her head on my chest.

"tell me what?" I ask.

"who was the last person she dated?" she asks.

"some guy, I don't remember his name," I say.

"Ryan," she says.

"right, that's it," I say.

"but she did say I could tell you because she didn't want to tell you herself but she did want you to know," she says.

"tell me what?" I ask.

"she's a bisexual and she has a girlfriend," she says.

"Amelia has a what?" I ask in surprise.

"yea, but her girlfriend doesn't identify as a girl, it's a they and them, not she and her. don't make that make mistake," she says.

"I'll keep that in mind. did you have any weird crushes when you were little," I ask.

"No, but I do like George Cooper," she says.

"who?" I ask. "George Cooper, ever seen young Sheldon?" she says.

"No," I say.

"you should, the kid has hot parents," she says.

"we'll watch it when we get home," I say kissing her head.

"okay," she says, closing her eyes and relaxing against me.

children are staying.... maybe