chapter 93

MEREDITH

I'm in bed sitting with Derek. we were talking about the people we dated in the past, well, I talked about the people I almost dated.

"what about names?" I ask.

"huh? you mean our names?" he asks. he's so stupid, he's acting like he was the one that hot a concussion from a car accident.

"No, I mean for the baby, we're going to be finding out the gender soon so we're going to have to start think about names, then middle names, and last names," I say.

"last names? we already have a last name," he says.

"what, Shepherd?" I ask.

"well... yea, did you want Grey instead of Shepherd?" he asks.

"I don't know that's why I said we should talk about it first," I say.

"Okay, we should pick a last name first so we can make sure the first name fits with the last name," he says.

"I don't want to do just Grey because then people will think I'm single when I'm married and I want them to know you're their father," I say.

"but you don't want to do just Shepherd?" he asks.

"I don't know. when we get married I don't know if I want to change my last name and take yours or if I want to keep it or do both," I say.

"you're making this more confusing then I thought it was going to be," he says.

"Well, I want all our last names to be similar so it's easy to know that we're a family," I say.

"when I first met you you wanted nothing to do with having a family or even interested in dating, and not we're getting married and you're trying to decide what last name you want," he chuckles.

"can you help me? you're the one marrying me so you're going to have to introduce me by my name," I say.

"do you want to do just Grey?" he asks. "No, I want to have your name somewhere, I just don't know if I want both names or just yours," I say.

"Well, either way we're going to be the Shepherd family so I'm happy about that, that's all I need," he says.

"so you don't care?" I ask. "No, it's your name, do whatever you want with it," he smiles.

"thank you," I kiss him. "but you're useless," I say, he chuckles.

"our kids will have the same last name as me and I think Grey-Shepherd might be too long for a kid to stay," I say.

"what do you think?" I ask.

"does our kid have a lisp?" he asks.

"I thought I asked you to help, not to listen and say nothing?" I say.

"I don't care Meredith," he says smiling.

"what do you want to say when you pick up our kid from school, blank-Grey Shepherd, or blank-Shepherd?" I ask.

"I think it'd be a little weird naming our kid blank," he says.

"maybe I should find someone else to marry," I say.

"or just go with Shepherd," he says. "it's shorter, we'll all have the same last name and it's not hard to remember... and it might be a little weird me being the only Shepherd and the rest of you being Grey-Shepherd," he says.

"you don't want to be embarrassed when you have the only short name? because my name is already longer than your," I coo teasingly.

"no... it's just less confusing," he says.

"for you," I mumble leaning back into his chest.

"do you have any boy names that you like picked out? all men want their first born to be a boy, I'm fine with naming it if it's a girl because girl names are easy but boy names are another thing, there are only a few I like and their good but they don't sound like a name for my son," I say.

"I don't know, I kind of always wanted a girl first, their scary and cute at the same time and it cute when they dress up in so many different kind of dresses, their sassy and have a lot of attitude and they can stand up for their younger sibling in a way no boy can," he rambles.

"no offense but you kind of sound like a pedophile," I say. he glares at me. "you know what I meant, I have four sisters and five nieces, I'm used to being around girls," he says.

"so that's a no?" I ask.

"it's a no, sorry," he smiles/

"what about Griffin?" I ask.

"Griffin, isn't that a bird?" he asks.

"you could have just said no," I say.

"ask my mom, she'd know some," he says. "or we could just name him Derek," he grins. I glare at him.

"I'm not naming my son the name I moan during sex, that's weird on a whole other level," I say.

"okay, enough about boy names. what about girls?" he asks.

"I got nothing," I say.

"I had a few from a few years ago but I don't remember them," he says.

"you're not very good at this," I say.

"I've never named a kid before," he says.

"but you've had one?" I ask.

"yes, a few with my ex-wife," he says.

"you were married before?" I ask.

"No, I was kidding," he says.

"oh... so was I," I say.

"did you know I can't have sex because of these injuries for almost two months," I say.

"that's understandable because you have a lot of injuries," he says.

"that's not much of a reason," I say.

"you'll be fine without sex for a few months," he says.

"how do you know?" I ask.

"because you were a virgin for years before and you still were for months after we started dating," he says.

"that was before I knew what an orgasm felt like," I say.

"you never did anything before we got together, or even after?" he asks.

"No, I never wanted to," I say.

"I find that hard to believe but whatever helps you sleep at night," he says.

I might write anal smut in either my one shots or this story... or both, thoughts??