chapter 118

2 months later:

I'm sitting in bed and Derek's sitting next to me. "I think I have a name," I say turning to Derek. "really, after all these months you now find a name?" he says.

"fine, I won't say it," I say. I close my book before getting out of bed. "Meredith, where are you going?" Derek asks.

"to call someone who does want to hear the name of my child," I say. I blink away the tears from my eyes as I walk into the living room and pick up my phone.

I dial Cristina's number into and let it ring. "you're calling at three in the morning, that usually means Derek did something or you're having a midlife crisis," she says when she answers the phone.

"I have a name for the baby and Derek doesn't want to hear it and I need to tell someone," I say.

"why wouldn't he want to hear it? you've been trying to name that kid since you found out it was a boy," she says.

"I don't know, he's being an asshole," I say. "or your hormones are making him seem like an asshole," she says.

"or maybe my hormones are thinking about you being an asshole," I say.

"fine, let me hear it," she says.

"what about... Dalton," I say. "Dalton," she says.

"yes, Dalton," I say. "I like it, it's cute," she says.

"do you think Derek will like it?" I ask.

"he should, it starts with a D and so does his name, guys love that crap, it makes their egos grow," she says.

"ego already has a big ego, should I be making it bigger?" I say.

"the bigger you make his ego, the bigger his ego is the more sex you'll get after he's born," she says.

"it better, I'm sick and tired of being pregnant and not being able to have sex anymore," I say.

"well, you're due any day now, the sooner the better," she says.

"I guess," I say.

"where is Derek right now anyways?" she asks. "he's in the bedroom reading," I say.

"you haven't told him the name yet?" she says. "No, I told him I had a name but when I did he was just annoyed that I have one now instead of five months ago," I say.

"he's not born yet, you just need a name by the time he's born so you can sign the birth certificate," I say.

"maybe he's just tired," I say. "or he wants to break up," she says.

"now, why would you say that?" I ask.

"Because, Owen started acting like that before he left," she says.

"he didn't want to hear your take on baby names?"

"No, he started acting like an asshole... and then I realized he was sleeping with white blond version of me," she says.

"Thanks, now I'm paranoid," I say. "sorry," she says before she hangs up the phone.

you've got to be kidding me.

I turn off my phone before I go back to the bedroom. I open the door and go inside. I close the door behind me and get back in bed.

"are you cheating on me?" I ask. "what?" he asks giving me a look.

"is that why you're being an asshole, because you're cheating on me?" I say.

"No, Meredith. I'm not cheating on you, why would you think that?" he says.

"Because Cristina said Owen was acting like an asshole before she found out he was sleeping with a white blond version of her," I say.

"Meredith, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but I'm not Owen," he says.

"see! you're doing it again," I say. "Meredith, I'm not trying to be an asshole, I was just making a joke earlier. what's the name you wanted to tell me?" he asks.

"well, I'm not sure I like it anymore," I say leaning back into the headboard.

"then let me decided if it's good or not," he says.

"Dalton," I say. "Dalton?" he asks.

"see, you already hate it. I'm going to sleep," I say, lifting the covers and laying down.

"no, Meredith, I like it, it's a good name," he says lifting me up and pulling me into his arms.

"No, you don't, you're just saying that because we don't have a name yet," I say.

"No, I'm not. I do really like the name, Dalton Christopher Grey-Shepherd. it's cute," he says.

"yes, it's cute. but is it the name you want to call our son for the rest of our lives," I say.

"yes, Meredith. I like the name, we an use it if you want," he says.

"I don't know, let's sleep on it," I say lying back down.

"don't overthink it too much, or else our son is never going to have a name," he says, laying down next to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"you better have sex with me after he's born, I hate being pregnant," I say. "yes, dear," he says before kissing my shoulder and presses his face into my back.

Dalton or Colton or Logan??

Anything you want to happen in this story??