Fired

•Derek shepherd•

Meredith had been at work for a few hours now and I was sitting on the couch looking over some papers. I looked over the papers before I heard her car pull in.

I quickly gathered all the papers and put them into the file folder before standing up and putting them into my office and closing the door.

I walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch. I heard the keys jingle and the door opened and she walked in.

"How was work?" I asked. She didn't answer as she turned herself facing away from me. "Meredith?" I asked. She walked away and turned to the kitchen.

She placed her things down on the counter before grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

I stood up and walked over to stand next to her. She kept her head down as she looked at the bottle in her hand. "Meredith," I repeated before I grabbed the bottle from her hands.

She continued looking down into her hands. I stepped in front of her and lifted her chin with my finger to look at me.

I looked into her green eyes and saw the tears that flooded them. Her bottom lip trembled before she looked back down again.

"What happened?" I whispered. She shook her head as she started crying. I put my hands are her shoulders and pulled her into my chest.

She presses her face into my neck as I wrap my arms around her tightly. Her small body shook as she sobbed into my shoulder.

I rubbed her back soothingly, whispering soft murmurs into her ear, waiting for her to calm down.

Once she finally caught her breath and stopped crying, she sniffled before pulling away and wiping her eyes.

I held her face in my hands and rubbed her soft cheek with my thumb. "What happened?" I asked her. "I-I-I," she couldn't get the words out.

"Calm down, breathe," I tell her. She takes a slow deep breath and breathes out through her nose. She takes a few more deep breaths before her breathing steadies a bit.

"Okay, calm down and tell me what happened," I tell her. She nods her head and waits a few seconds before speaking.

"I was at work and I was working the usual shift... and there was this one very Rich guy and we knew that because he always ordered expensive stuff and my boss wanted me to flirt with him... I didn't think it would be a big deal so I did it...... and after he paid he tried getting me to go home with him but I said no, when I went back into the kitchen I told my boss about it and he said I had to sleep with him and when I said no he threatened to fire me but I really didn't want to sleep with him because I already almost made you hate me because I got scared when you kissed me and I thought you would be mad if I slept with someone so I said no again and then... I'm pretty sure he'll fire me," she said as tears were streaming down her face.

"Meredith, you didn't do anything wrong, you did the right thing," I tell her. "But now I don't have a job and I can't pay you for rent and I need a job-" she says.

"Mer, it's fine. I'm the one who asked you to live with me, you don't have to pay rent, and you don't have to worry, you have me," I rub her shoulders softly.

"I'm not going to rely on you for everything!" She says. "I don't mean rely on me, I'm just saying I'm here, and I want to stay if you let me but you can take as much time as you need to find another job," I say.

"But I don't want to be a burden," she whispers. "And your not, I love having you here, it's nice to be able to talk to someone, you give me a reason to wake up in the morning," I say before kissing her forehead.

She stays silent for a bit. "You owe me nothing," I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close. She lays her head softly on my chest. I lean down and press my lips to her soft pink ones.

I never thought a kiss could be so special but kissing her is different. She makes me feel something and I haven't felt something in so long.

She kisses my back before I pull away and kiss her forehead again. "Are you tired from work?" I asked her as I rubbed her back.

"A little," she nods. "Do you want to sleep in your room or mine?" I asked her. She doesn't answer. "I'll take you to your room, is that okay?" I say. She nods.

She removes herself from my chest as I lead her to my bedroom with my hand on her back. I open the door for her and she walks in first. I close the door behind me.

I carefully unbutton my shirt and take it off, letting it fall to the floor. I get in bed under the covers and hold my hand out for her. She takes my hand and gets in bed next to me.

I wrap my arm around her waist and she lays her head against my bare chest. We lie down as she runs her hand that isn't on my shoulder up and down my stomach.

"I didn't know you worked out," she says quietly as she traces my abs. "Do you prefer I don't?" I chuckle. "No... I think it's hot," she says. She kissed my chest and moved to press her face in the crook of my neck.

She takes a deep breath as I start to feel her body relax and she soon falls asleep, and I fall asleep soon after.

Relationship building>>>>>