chapter 151

after breakfast, Derek gets ready and leaves for work. I get Logan ready for pre-school. I pack his lunch and get his bag ready.

"Logan! get in here!" I say. "I don't wanna go to pwe-school," Logan says.

"you have to, baby," I say. "I wanna go with you," he whines. "you can't come with me. my work isn't for kids," I say.

"what about Daddy's wowk?" he asks. "No, Daddy's work is too dangerous," I say.

"I never get to go to wowk with you!" he says. "I know, my work isn't for kids Logan, you have to go to pre-school," I say.

"but I wanna go with you!" he says stomping on the floor. "Logan, the answer is no. you're going to pre-school," I say.

"No!" he says as he throws himself on the floor and starts crying. "Logan, hon, I don't have time for this," I say.

I put my coat and shoes on. I grab Logan's coat and shoes and walk over to him. I pick him up and set him on the kitchen counter.

I put his shoes on and put his arms through his coat. "I wanna go with you," he cries. "I know you do, baby. if I could take you with I would because I hate arguing with you but I'm not allowed to bring kids. it's my boss's rule, not mine," I say.

"Can I talk to your boss?" he asks. "now you sound like your father, and no," I say.

"But there's mean kids at pwe-school," he says. "then tell the teacher," I say.

"she tells them to say sorry then they do and they do again after, they don't listen," he says.

"you're the son of a cop, do what your Daddy would do," I say holding his face in my hands.

"okay?" I say. he nods. I kiss his forehead and help him onto the floor.

"here's your bag, let's go into the car," I say. he runs outside as I grab the keys from the keyholder by the door and leave the house.

I lock the door behind me. I jump when I hear the car horn go off multiple times. "Logan! leave the horn alone!" I say.

I go out to the car and get in the front seat. "get in your car seat," I tell him. he gets into his car seat as I put my things in the passenger seat.

I buckle Logan in before starting the car, put my seatbelt on, and drive out of the lot.

"Mommy, when you pick me up from pwe-school can we go see Daddy?" he asks. "if Daddy's in his office, then yes, we can go see daddy," I say.

I drive to Logan's pre-school and take him inside. "Mommy, I weally weally don't wanna go," Logan says as he tugs on my hand.

"I know you don't, Dove," I say crouching down to his level. "but if you want them to leave you alone just pretend like it doesn't bother you," I say.

"But they take my toys away," he says. "I know it bothers you and that makes sense but you have to make them think that it doesn't bother you. they're doing it because they want to make you mad so if you make it seem like you don't care then they'll stop," I say.

"Can I hit them?" he asks. "what? no, why would you ask that?" I ask. "because Daddy told me to do that," he says.

"well then I'll have to have a long talk with Daddy... okay, it's time to go now, mommy has to go to work," I say.

he nods understandingly. he walks into the room. he stands there for a second before he turns around and hugs my legs.

"Sweetie, I have to go. I can't stay here and I can't take you with me," I say. "come on, Logan. David isn't here," one of his teachers says.

"Are you sure?" he asks. "yes," she says. he nods as he slowly walks into the room. I thank the teacher before I leave for work.

***

a few hours into work my boss sends me home. he says I'm too 'sick' to work. I argued with him for twenty minutes before I actually left because he said if I didn't leave I would have to find another hospital to work at.

I don't actually think he would fire me but he just getting annoyed with arguing with me.

I grabbed my things and left. I drove home and cleaned the house up a bit.

after an hour and a half of cleaning, I started to feel a little dizzy. I sat down on the couch for a few minutes.

***

I call Derek and ask him to pick up Logan from pre-school. I get up and go into the bedroom to change into some silk pyjamas.

I go back into the living room and order dinner because I don't feel like cooking today.

after a bit, I hear the car pull up to the house. Derek walks in with Logan and they both come into the living room.

"how come your home so early? I thought when you asked me to pick up Logan it was because you were going to be working late... not that I mind picking him up, he's nice company," he says as he sits next to me on the couch, and placing his hand on my thigh.

"my boss sent me home because I'm too sick to work," I say. "so you finally admitted to being sick, I told you not to go," he says.

"No, he told me I'm too sick to work," I say. "I agree with him," he says, trying to kiss my lips but I move so he kisses my cheek instead.

"did you tell Logan to hit the kid that's been picking on him at school?" he asks. "yea, why?" he says.

"Derek, I don't want him hitting people," I say. "the kid hit him first, if the kid deserves it then he should get it," he says.

"we're not teaching him to hit," I say. "fine, but what does he need pre-school for anyways? we can teach him all the crap at home," he says.

"I have work and you have work, we don't have the time for that or the energy," I say. "we have time after work, I can do it right now," he says.

"you don't need to, he already went and it's good for his social skills," I say. "he has us for that and we can go to New York soon and he can see his cousin again," he says.

"again? the last time he saw them was... when he was never. your mom saw him when I was in a coma but that's it," I say.

"there's a first for everything," he says. "I feel like crap and we're not going anytime soon, maybe in a few months," I say.

"do you want me to order dinner?" he asks. "No, I already did, which means you should go pick it up now, we can't do delivery because we live in the middle of nowhere," I say.

"Alright, I'll go," he says. he stands up and kisses my cheek before he leaves.

after twenty minutes he comes back and we eat dinner before going to bed.

For all the other writers, you feel like writing at least one chapter a day is an option or is it something you feel like you have to do?