chapter 120

Meredith was in the living room whilst Derek was in the kitchen, and Emily was still at school.

Derek finished what he was doing in the kitchen and walked back into the living room.

he sat next to Meredith on the couch and watched her for a few seconds. she continued to read her book as he continued to stare at her, waiting for her to look at him so he could talk to her.

she moved herself a bit to get more comfortable. ever since she hit nine months it felt like she had gained forty pounds and like she couldn't move, or get comfortable.

he continued to watch her intently for a few more minutes, still waiting for her to notice.

she started to feel more and more uncomfortable. she didn't understand why until she looked at Derek noticed he was watching her the entire time.

"what are you doing? you scared the crap out of me," she says when she looks over at him.

"I want to talk about the baby," he says, moving a bit closer to her.

"all you had to do was ask, you didn't have to stare at me for the past thirty minutes," she says, placing a bookmark in her place before closing the book and setting it next to her.

"we still don't have a name and you're due any day now," he says, she rolls her eyes, picks up her book and went back to reading.

"Meredith, we can't just keep pushing this. he could be born tomorrow," he says. "we'll talk about it tomorrow," she says.

"what if he's born today?" he asks. "Derek, he's not going to born today. I'm going to the bathroom," she says.

she closes her books. "Derek, I need help," she says. he stands up and helps her stand to her feet.

Meredith goes to the bathroom while Derek stays on the couch, thinking about names, the same thing they had been doing since they found out the gender.

he had never thought that picking out a name for one child would be so hard. when Amelia was born his parents knew her name months before she was born, but the reason for that could be because she was a girl.

when Derek found out Meredith was pregnant with his baby he was thrilled but he was almost positive it was going to be a girl because he only ever grew up with girls.

he never had a brother growing up and most of his cousins were also girls so it never really came to him that he would have a boy, and the fact that Meredith also only had sisters added to his prediction of having a daughter.

in the time that he thought the baby was a girl he had many names that he was considering for the baby but now that he knows the baby is a boy he had no clue what to name him.

expect for one name that he liked. there were a few other names that he also liked but they weren't name for his son, and Meredith didn't like them either.

the only name that felt like his sons name was
Logan. he liked it and it fit for whatever the baby ended up looking like.

if the baby was born looking like Meredith with blond hair it would still fit, but if the baby looked like him and had dark brown, almost black hair it would also work.

and he also liked the sound of Logan Christopher Grey-Shepherd. their son were going to be one of those kids with huge names. but he liked the thought of all their kids having long names.

it didn't matter what kind of name their kids would have, just as long as they had the last name Grey-Shepherd they would have a long name.

he hoped that they would have more kids in the future, maybe when their son was around the age of two or three. he didn't want their second child to be too close in age with their first but he also didn't want them to be too far apart especially if the second child was going to be a girl.

if they had a daughter when their son at the age of four or five they would never be close because they would most likely have nothing in common and their age wouldn't bring them close.

but he did hope their second child would be a girl because naming a boy is hard enough when you have one baby to name but if they had a second name he couldn't be sure they would find a name.

"Derek, I need you to come in here...! quick!" he heard Meredith yell from the bathroom.

he snapped out of his thoughts and went into the bathroom as quick as he could.

he found Meredith standing against the sink counter. he wasn't sure what Meredith was yelling about. he looked around the room, he couldn't find a spider or anything that would explain the yelling.

"are you kidding me? you don't know what I'm yelling about... Look at the damn floor!" she yelled the last part.

he looked at the floor... and that's when it hit him. her water had broke.