A mistake

after dinner, I helped him bring the dishes to the sink, I asked him if he needed help with washing the dishes and he said no.

"I can help, you don't have to do everything," I told him softly.

"I'm fine with washing the dishes, you look tired you should go to bed," he tells me.

"you should never tell a woman she looks tired," I rolled my eyes.

"I don't mean by your face I mean by the way your walking, you should get some rest," he says.

I groan before I grab a cloth and run it under the water, I drain the water from it before I go over to the table and wiped it clean.

——————

The next few days were normal. Derek was currently at work and I was sitting at home reading and bored out of my mind.

Then there was a knock at the door. I stood up and answered the door.

"Have you seen Derek Shepherd, ma'am?" An older-looking man asked. "No, he's supposed to be at work," I say. "Well, he didn't come in this morning. Let us know if you see him," he said before handing me a piece of paper.

I nodded and took it from his hand. I closed the door behind me and went back into the living room. I placed the piece of paper on the coffee table and back down on the couch.

Why would he lie about going to work?

After a few hours, I had ordered pizza and ate dinner. Then Derek finally came home a lot later than usual. "Where were you?" I asked as he walked through the door.

"I was at work," he says and placed his things away. "No, you weren't. Your boss came here earlier and asked if I had seen you," I told him.

"What did you say?" He asked quickly and he looked a bit worried. "I told him that I hadn't seen you since you left,"

"Don't talk to the guy, he's full of bullshit," he says walking over to me. "Then why do you work for him?" I asked.

"Because he's a friend of my father's," he answers and sits down next to me. "That's not a valid reason," I mumble. "What?" He asked and raised his voice. "Nothing," I said quietly.

"That's what I thought," he sighed leaning back into the couch and spreading his legs out. "If you weren't at work then where were you?" I asked him.

"I was taking care of something," he said whilst closing his eyes. "And what's that?" I asked referring to the cut on his leg.

He opened his eyes and looked at it. "Just a scratch,"
"It looks like a scratch from a lion," I stood up and got the emergency kit.

When I came back he was still sitting in the same spot. I placed the box down on the coffee table. I then took both sides of the cut on his pants and pulled it open to make the hole much bigger.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He asked pulling my hands away. "I need to make a bigger hole," I said. "I prefer a hole small rather than bigger," he says. I look up at him and once he realizes that I knew what he meant he smirks and looks away.

"You're gross," I tell him. He grins. I clean his cut and stitch it. "There," I say. "But you'll need to change," I tell him.

He rolls his eyes before standing up. He walks into his room and changes. He comes out in nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants. I stare at his toned abs before he catches me and I look away.

"You can look all you want," he smiled and walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I don't want to look," I tell him. "Mmhmm, is that why you were moaning my name in the shower last night?" He asked smirking as he walked closer to me.

"I was- how would you even know that?" I asked. "I came to collect dirty laundry and ended up hearing a thing or two," he says calmly before taking a sip.

"You don't walk into a woman's room while she's showering," I tell him. "It's my house," he says. "That you forced me to live in," I say.

"And you agreed," he says. I roll my eyes. "I'm going to bed," I said before standing up and started walking to my room.

Before I could walk past him he throws the bottle onto the couch and places his hands on my waist, pulling me in front of him.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him. "This," he says softly before he leans in and presses his lips softly against mine.

After we made out for around twenty seconds, I put my hands on his shoulders and pull away. "What are you doing and why are you doing it?" I say as I feel the heat in my cheeks rise.

"Don't act like you haven't wanted this since day one," he smirks while cupping my ass in his hands that had travelled down from my waist while we were kissing.

"I barely know you," I push him away and take a few steps back.

"Meredith-" he tries and walks closer to me.

"No-I-I need to lay down," I say.

I walk away and into my room. I close the door behind me and press my back against it. I hear Derek calling my names a few times trying to convince me to come out.

I lock the door and go to the dresser. I change into my pyjamas and get into bed. I hear things go silent before I fall asleep.

I'll pack my things tomorrow. None of this should have happened. It was a mistake getting involved with him. A big mistake.