crime scene

MEREDITH

I woke up the next morning. I rolled over and saw Derek wasn't in bed. I sat up and looked at the clock on the table. I've been asleep for almost three hours. I got out of bed as soon as I stood up I felt a strong pain in my legs. I ignored it and went over to the dresser with my clothes.

I picked out some clothes and walked over to the bathroom, Derek wasn't in there either. I took a shower, did my hair and got dressed in a white dress. I washed my face and tied my hair back in a slicked bun. I went back into the bedroom.

I picked up my phone from under the bed after I looked for it. I dialled in his number and pressed call. it rang a few times before he answered. "Meredith, I thought you were asleep," he says. "I thought you were asleep. where are you?" I ask.

"I had a work thing, how long have you been awake for?" he asks. "almost an hour, why didn't you tell me you were going to leave before you did?" I asked. "you were asleep," he says. "you couldn't have left a note or something? you sleep with me and then leave without telling me, why would you do that?" I say.

"Meredith, I had to leave in a hurry. I was going to tell you but you were tired and I didn't want to wake you. I'll be back soon, I-" I hang up before he could say anything else. I throw my phone onto the bed. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I ignored it and grabbed my bag and sweater.

I left the hotel and locked the door behind me. I went out to the restaurant down the street. I looked at the menu for a few minutes before the waiter came up to me. I ordered and he took my menu. I heard my phone start ringing. I reached into my purse and grabbed my phone.

I looked at the ID and saw it was Derek calling. I turned my phone off and put it back into my purse. after around ten minutes, the waiter came with my food. "thank you," I smile. the waiter smiles and walks away.

my phone rings again and I turn my phone off again. after I ate I paid and grabbed my bag and sweater before I left. I shoved my sweater into my purse and walked back to the hotel. as I was walking back to the hotel, I saw a cop car and some yellow tape on the ground.

I crossed the street and walked over to the scene. "ciao, da qualsiasi cambiamento conosci Derek Shepherd? è anche un poliziotto," I asked. (by any chance do you know Derek Shepherd? he's a cop)

"Sì, Bellissima. è laggiù. sta lavorando anche su questo caso," he says pointing in a direction. (yes, beautiful. he's over there. he's working on the case as well)

"Grazie," I smile. I nod. I walk over to where he pointed and I eventually found Derek talking to a small crying little girl. he's crouched down to her level. he's facing away from me. he's talking to her but I can't hear what he's saying.

I lean against the brick wall as they speak. she nods as she starts telling him something, making her sob even more than she already is. he listens to her speak. she stopped talking and sobbed hysterically. he lifts her into his arms and places her on his hip.

she sobs into his shoulder as he rubs her back softly. I watch as he calms down the little girl in awe. she eventually calms down and he carries her back to her mother. he says goodbye to the woman and turns around to face me.

he looks at me as I watch him with a huge smile on my face. "what are you doing here?" he asks as he walks over to me. "I tried calling you multiple times," he says. he leans in and kisses me once before pulling away.

"I know, I saw the calls I just didn't answer," I say, feeling a little bad. "why didn't you answer? I was getting worried," he says. "I know, I'm sorry. I was just a little mad that you left," I said. "I told you-" he says. "I think it was just because I was still a little vulnerable this morning... I just never let someone do that to me and the one time I do you leave the next morning without even saying goodbye or telling me... I've just never been that vulnerable before..." I say.

"I know, Meredith. I'm sorry," he says. he walks closer to me. he places his hands on my waist and kisses me. after a few seconds he pulls away. "who was the little girl?" I ask after we pull away, he's still holding me.

"she was the one who found the body," he says. "how old is she?" I ask. "four, she was looking for her mom who was in the store when she saw the body," he says. "Well, that explains why she was crying," I say. "yeah," he sighs. "you're cute with kids," I smile squeezing his shoulders lightly.

"I have a lot of nieces and nephews," he says looking down, blushing slightly. "how did you even know I was here?" he asks looking at me. "that guy over there told me where you were," I say. "right... you speak Italian," he nods.

"what's wrong with that?" I say. "nothing," he shakes his head. "you shouldn't let it bother you that I'm smarter than you," I say, letting go of him and walking back around the corner. "just because you speak more languages than me doesn't mean you're smarter than me," he says.

"yes, it does," I say. "since when?" he says. "since I said so," I say. "how do you know how to speak Italian?" I ask. "I'm Italian," he says standing next to me. "so, our kid's gonna be half Italian? good to know," I nod.

"it's important, but our kid will be 25% Italian, my mother's Italian," he says. "and your father?" I ask. he stays quiet for a bit. "Derek...?" I ask. "he's... French," he says. "are you lying? it took you a bit to answer,"

"I just haven't seen my father in a few years," he says looking down at the ground. "we don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable," I say. he nods.

"Where were you when I tried to call you?" He asks. "I went and ate lunch," I say. "Where?" He asks. I point across the street.

"When do you get off work?" I ask. "In a few hours," he says. "Okay, I was just headed back to the hotel and wanted to see if you were here. I'll see you later," I say. He nods.

I kiss him for a few seconds before we say our goodbyes and I walk back to the hotel. When I get back I take my clothes off leaving me in just a bra and panties. I get under the covers and grab my book from my bag and start reading.

Idk, what do you want to happen in this story??