chapter 133

DEREK'S POV:

I drove to Cristina's place, got out of the car, and knocked on the door. a few seconds later Cristina opened the door.

"Meredith's awake and she's mad at me for not having Emily... where is she?" I say. "wait... Meredith's awake?" she asks. I haven't told anyone other than my mom.

"yes, she's awake and she's going to kill me if I don't come back with Emily," I say. "I'll go get her," she says before she walks away.

After a few minutes, she comes back with Emily and her suitcase. "Derek!!" Emily says as she runs to me. "Hi Sweetie," I say lifting her into my arms.

"I missed you. where's Auntie Meredith?" she asks. "she's at the hospital, I'm taking you to see her," I smile, kissing her head.

"say, bye to Cristina," I say. "bye, Cristina," she waves at her. "bye, Emily," Cristina says. "thank you," she mouths back when Emily's not looking.

I smile and nod before I lift up Emily's suitcase and take her to the car. I open the car door and place her in the booster seat and put her seatbelt on then put her suitcase next to her.

I closed the door and went around to the front and start the car. "what happened to Auntie Mer, why did Cristina say she was in the hospital? is she sick?" she asks as I pull out of the driveway and start driving to the hospital.

"I... yes, Auntie Mer was sick for a bit and we didn't want you to get sick too," I say. "why didn't I stay with you?" she asks.

"Because I was around Auntie Mer and if I got sick I didn't want you to get sick from me, but I'm better now and so is Auntie Mer," I say.

"Okay," she says as she looks out the window. "did we ever tell you about why Auntie Mer's belly got so big?" I ask.

"Auntie Mer said she was pregnant, but I don't know what that means," she says. "you didn't ask?" I ask.

"No, people say you should ask women about their weight and I already did that so I didn't want to be mean," she says.

"That's very good. but pregnant means there was a baby in her tummy," I say. "... what?" she asks.

"Auntie Mer had a baby, a little baby," I say. "why did she do that?" she asks. "well... I don't know, things just happen and one day she woke up and she went to the doctor and they told her she was pregnant,"

"can that happen to me?" she asks. "No, that only happen to grown women," I say. "so... where do I go?" she asks.

"you're still going to live with Me and Auntie Mer, but there's just going to be a baby there to," I say. "is it a boy or a girl?" she asks.

"it's a boy," I smile at her through the rear view mirror. "but I don't want another brother," she says.

"he won't be your brother, he'll be your cousin," I say. "I have a cousin?" she asks. "yes, you do now," I say.

"what if he hates me, what if he already hates me?" she asks. "he's to little for that, he doesn't know how to hate people yet," I say.

"but all kids have a mommy and a daddy, if Auntie Mer is the baby's mommy... who's his daddy?" she asks.

"I am," I say. "really? you and Auntie Mer had a baby?" she asks, shocked. "yes, what did you think Auntie Mer and I were?" I ask.

"I thought you two were friends," she says. "did we never tell you we're getting married?" I ask. I could have sworn we told her all this.

"No, I didn't know you and Auntie Mer were getting married," she says. "oh, well, now you know," I say a bit confused that we didn't tell her this. or maybe we did but she didn't understand it, or she didn't know we were talking to her, that happens a lot.

we eventually arrive at the hospital. I help her out of the car and we go inside.

 I help her out of the car and we go inside