Chapter 101

We arrived at the airport. Derek brought Emily in because she was scared.

We sat in our seats with Emily in the middle. "what if something bad happens?" Emily asks. "Nothing bad is going to happen," I say.

"how do you know?" she asks. "because if something bad happens they'll tell us, please stop asking," I say.

"sorry," she says. I reach out and hold her hand in mine. the entire car drive all she did was ask if something bad was going to happen and the this entire 15 minutes we've been on the plane she asked. I thought about leaving her outside.

"You regret taking her with?" Derek asks with a smirk. "No, I've just flown with a child," I say.

"Maybe we'll stay in New York long enough for you to give birth then we can fly back with a kid and a baby," he says teasingly.

"If she wasn't in between us right now I would punch you," I say.

"Maybe another time," he says. "I have to pee," Emily says. "Derek, go with her. You're closer," I say.

"What-" he says before looking down at Emily as she squeezes her legs together.

He sighs. "Come on sweetie," he says before glaring at me as I smile back. He takes her hand and they go to the bathroom.

a few minutes later Derek and Emily come back from the bathroom. "I feel like that would have been much easier with a boy," Derek says as he helps Emily into her seat.

"is that what you're hoping for?" I ask. "I'll be okay with a little girl but a boy would be nice too," he says sitting down in his own seat.

"when then you'll be happy," I say. "why?" he asks. "because it's either a boy or a girl," I say. "won't that be something," he says sarcastically.

"are we almost there yet?" she asks. "No, honey. the plane hasn't taken off yet," I say.

"when is it going to?" she whines. "when they say it's going to," I say. the flight attendant started speaking before the engine started.

"what's that?" she asked panicked. "it's the engine, it means the plane is going to take off soon," I say.

~time jump~

we arrive in the New York airport. we get off the plane and I carry Emily who is sleeping. "my sister should be here soon," he says.

"which one?" I ask. "Nancy," he says. "are you kidding me?" I say. "yes, I called Amelia, don't worry," he says with a stupid grin.

"shut up, I'm too tired for your dumb jokes," I roll my eyes. "you idiots ready go yet, because if not I could go to the bar and get some good di- right! you have a kid, forgot..." we hear Amelia say.

"did she really just say that?" Derek looks at me. "you called her, not me," I say smiling as I walk over to the car.

"if you don't kill him, I will," I whisper in her ear. "great! I've always wanted to hide a body in the woods," she says.

"how are you so awake this early in the morning?" I ask tiredly as I place Emily in the car seat. "sit in the front, I don't want Derek sitting next to me" she says.

I grin as I sit in the passenger seat. "so... you gained weight? not in a rude way but you don't look fat so I'm assuming your pregnant and if you're not... I am so sorry," she says.

"you're fine, I am," I say. "thank goodness, we need a normal child in the family. yesterday I was at my parents and Nancy was there with her kids and I fell asleep in my old room, I woke up to one of her kids pouring tomato juice on my face," she says. I so glad she didn't make a big deal out of it.

"well, I'm not sure about normal. I tried drowning her mom in the tub when I was five," I say pointing to Emily.

"really?" she asks. "yes, with hot water," I say. "well, maybe she deserved it. she did give her kids away. speaking of kids I thought there was two?" she says.

"about that..." I start. "why did nobody tell me where the car was?" Derek asks as he gets into the car.

"because it's not my fault you're so old you're blind," she says.

"what happened to the other one?" she whispers starting the car. "I'll tell you when we get there, Derek might yell at you for asking," I say. she nods.

she starts the car and drives out of the parking lot. "Hotel?" Amelia asks. "yes, Emily needs to sleep," Derek says.

"Derek, how many kids did you want when you were growing up?" Amelia asks. "Amelia, don't," he says.

"just asking," she says. "when he was nine he wanted seven kids," she says. I smile as Derek rolls his eyes.

"you still want seven?" she asks. "No," he says. "so if we accidently had nine kids you wouldn't be happy?" I ask. "what-no-that's not what I meant," he says. me and Amelia give each other a look.

"you two are teaming up on me. of course you are," he groans. "he's weak," she says. "very," I say.

she drives us to the hotel. we say goodbye, I take Emily inside and Derek brings the bags in. Derek and I take a shower together before we go to bed.