Chapter 84

MEREDITH

I woke up. I turned over and saw that Derek was no longer in bed. I go out of bed and grabbed my black rope and put it on, tying it around my waist.

I brush my hair and walk out of my room and into the living room. I see my phone on the counter and see all my messages are deleted.

"Derek?" I say. I don't get a response. I walk over to the bookshelf and took a book off of it. I say down on the couch and read.

"Meredith," I hear behind me. I close the book and throw it. "Ow!" I hear him say. "sorry, I didn't know it was you," I say getting up and walking over to him.

I hold his face in my hands and remove his hand that was covering his eye. "I'm sorry," I say, kissing under wear the book hit him.

"Stay here, I'll get you some ice," I say. I walk over to the fridge. I take out some ice cubes and put them in a zipper bag. I walk back and tell him to sit on the couch.

I sit sideways on his lap and hold the ice right under his eyelid. "I didn't think you were home, I'm so sorry," I say kissing his head repeatedly.

"Why did you have to throw a book at me?" he asks me. "I thought you might have been Andrew. I'm sorry," I say, kissing his cheek.

"you can stop apologizing now, do you have a good reason if you thought I was Deluca, but I am a little offended," he says.

"where were you?" I ask changing the subject. "I went out to get something," I say. "like what?" I ask. "something," he says.

"Are you cheating on me?" I ask. "No, why would you think that?" he asks. "I was just kidding," I say.

****

"Meredith, can you come here for a second?" I hear Derek say from the living room as I'm in the kitchen.

I get up and walk into the living room. I walk into the living room and I see Derek on one knee. "Derek, you're not going down on me again, I'm still sore from last time and the pregnancy isn't help-" I say but stop when I see him pull something out of his pocket.

"what are you doing?" I ask. "Meredith..." he pulls out a small box before opening it. "Derek, what are you...?" I say.

"Will you marry me?" he asks. I feel tears start to burn in my eyes. "I don't have anything special to tell you because I was planning on writing something before doing this but I don't know how long that'll take and I want to be married to you as soon as possible, will you?" he says.

I try to say something but my throat feels like it's closing up. I place my hand on my throat and nod enthusiastically. he smiles as he stands up and walks over to me.

he puts his hands on my waist and pulls me close and kisses me passionately. the kiss gets heated up as he pushes me against the wall. "Derek, remember what I told you about me still being sore from earlier," I moan as he sucks on my neck.

"I thought you were going to say no," he says pulling away. "why would you think that?" I say, holding his face in my hands and kissing him softly.

"I don't know, you're a completely different person than I am, you help people for a living and I shoot them. you've never done a single bad thing in your life, you're a saint and my life has been so much better since I met you... when I asked you for your number I thought that you were just going to sleep with me and then was going to be it, but it wasn't like that at all. on our first date I realized that you were nothing like any other woman, and I'm glad I met you," he says.

"and you said you couldn't come up with anything," I smile kissing him again. he removes his hand from my waist and takes out two boxes.

"which one do you want?" he asks opening both of them. "you're asking me which engagement ring I want?" I say. "yes," he says.

"aren't you supposed to choose?" I giggle. "just pick one," he says. "that one," I say. I hold out my left hand and he takes it out of the box and puts it on my ring finger. "thank you, baby," he says kissing me.

"what for?" I ask. "for giving me a reason to live and wake up in the morning," he says. "kiss me before I start crying again," I say as I feel tears well up in my eyes.

he smiles and kisses me again.

Which one??

I think I like 1 and 3 best but idk

I was also asked to write a mernick story... should I?? I mean if people want it I'll do it🤷‍♀️