Chapter 75

Me and carina talked about me and Derek for a while. Carina gave me her phone and let me call Cristina to pick up the kids.

She complained about a bit but she eventually says yes. "Meredith, you should probably call Derek as well," I hear Carina says.

I nod and steer dialling Derek's number. It takes a bit before he answers the phone. "Meredith? Shouldn't you be at work?" He asks.

"Yes, but I have a slight problem," I say

"What? What happened?" He asks.

"It's Andrew, I was walking into the hospital when he pulled me away and into his car and now I'm in his house with his sister," I say.

"What?!" he practically yells. "Where are the kids?" He asks.

"They're still at daycare and they will be until my shift ends. I called Cristina and she's going to be picking them up," I say.

"What's the address?" He asks.

"What?" I say.

"The address you're at," he says.

"Just a sec," I say.

"What's the address to this place?" I ask carina. She tells me and I tell Derek.

"Stay where you are and I'll have someone come get you, and then I'm coming back," he says.

"No, Derek. You don't have to do that, you should stay in France and finish work, I'll be fine," I say.

"No, I'm coming home. Stay where you are," he says.

"No, Derek-" he hangs up the phone before I can say anything else.

"Ugh!" I groan turning the phone off.

"Didn't go well?" She asks.

"No, It did. He's coming back to Seattle," I sigh handing her the phone back.

"What's wrong with that? I thought you want him back," she says.

"I do, but I don't want him to come back just because of me," I say sitting down.

"Well from what you've told me he has nothing else so that sounds about right," she says.

"If he comes back then he's going to kill Andrew. I hate Andrew but I don't want Derek to kill him," I say.

"From what I've heard it seems like he loves you, just ask him not to kill him and then he'll listen," she says sitting down next to me.

"Derek will kill him id he wants, no matter what I say. That means no more brother for you," I say.

"Ah, I'll live without him. Many women already have restraining orders on him anyways," she says.

"I don't know why I never thought of that," I say.

"Because you know it would never work. He doesn't listen to rules. That's why he went to a lot boarding schools," she says.

"Derek won't be here for a while anyways. It's takes a long flight to get from France to here," I say.

"As Long as he gets here," she says.