nap

MEREDITH

a few hours after I got back to the hotel. I heard footsteps outside the door before the door unlocked and opened. Derek walked into the room looking very disheveled. I watch him as I puts his things on the floor. he quickly took off his coat and threw it on the floor and kicked off his shoes.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly. he stops and looks up at me. he looks tired, his hair is a mess and he looks like he wants to cry. "yeah, I'm fine," he says, looking at the floor. he takes off his vest and starts taking off his uniform.

"I-I'm going to go take a shower," he says. I nod. he walks into the bathroom and a few seconds later I heard the shower turn on. I continue reading until the shower stops. a few minutes later, Derek walks out of the bathroom with a white towel loosely around his waist, resting at his hips.

he sits down on the side of the bed. he leans over and presses his face into his hands. "Are you sure you're okay? did something happen after I left? you seemed pretty fine when I spoke to you," I say. he doesn't say anything.

"Okay... why don't you go put some comfortable clothes on and then come sit in bed with me, take a nap and get some rest, Hmm?" I say softly. he pauses for a second before he nods. he stands up and he goes over to the dresser with his clothes.

he puts on a pair of sweatpants without any boxers. he slowly walks back over to the bed and gets under the covers next to me. I put a bookmark in the book and place it on the nightstand. I move a bit closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist. I lay my head on his chest and rub his back gently.

"do you wanna try to get some sleep?" I ask, pressing my lips against his chest. he nods. I pull away for a second. he moves himself between my legs. he wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my chest.

I lean back against the headboard. I place one of my hands on his arm and the other one on the side of his head. I rubbed his arm whilst playing with his damp hair. "do you wanna tell me why you're upset?" I ask. I kiss his forehead.

"was it because I asked about your father?" I asked. he doesn't reply. "Derek, you can tell me. if you don't like talking about your father all you have to do is tell me... I told you about my parents, I'm not saying you owe me this but you can trust me... I won't judge you or see you any differently, I love you and that won't change,"

"I wanna talk about when I wake up," he says. "Okay, I'll let you sleep," I kiss his head and lean my head back on the headboard.

he stirs a bit before he pushes his face against my breasts and relaxing. I reached over for the remote and turned to tv on. I started to hear a phone ring. Derek started to stir a bit, it was coming from Derek coat at the foot of the bed.

I grabbed his coat and pulled it towards me. I reached into the pocket and took the phone before answering it. "Hello, this is Derek Shepherd's phone," I say. "yes, is Officer Shepherd there?" I man asks. "No, I'm afraid not. can I take a message?"

"tell him Anderson Carlson called and to get back as soon as possible," he says. "I'll pass the message down," I say. "goodbye," I hang up and place to phone back into the pocket. "who were you talking to?" I hear Derek ask tiredly, lifting his head off my chest. "some guy named Anderson Carlson, he says he wants you to call him back as soon as possible," I say, running my fingers through his hair.

"Mmm," he hums laying his head back down on my chest. "sorry, did the ringing wake you up?" I ask. "a little. but I'm up now," he says. "still tired?" I ask. "yes," he says moving further up my body to press his forehead against my neck.

"do you feel any better?" I say running my hand along his chest. "a little, it helps not to think about it,"
"do you want to talk about it now?" I ask. "there's not much to really talk about... growing up he was never home, even when he had the chance to see us he would just go back to work. and when I moved out and away I never stayed in contact with him. he called, he asked my mom to tell me he wanted to talk to me but I just Ignored him,"

"you never thought about trying talking to him about why he was never home and the story behind it?" I asked. "No, maybe one day but I'm not going to take time out of my day to talk to him," he says. "and why's that?" I ask. "because I could be spending that time with you," he says.

he sits up presses his lips against mine. "your mom hasn't called since last time?" he asks pulling away. "No, she only calls once a month. that is if I answer her calls," I say. "fair enough," he says. "I'm going to go take a shower," I kiss his cheek. "and I need to shave so if you walk in a me in weird positions then that's why," I say. I stand up and go into the bathroom.

****

after my shower I walk back into the living room and I see Derek laying in bed. "what are you doing?" I ask confused whilst tying my robe around my waist. "watching tv," he says. he's laid completely under the covers.

"Are you cold?" I ask. "I can turn the air conditioner off," I say as I walk over to the air conditioner and turn it off. "what the heck are you watching?" I ask sitting next to him on the bed. "I don't know, this is what you've been watching. you tell me,"

"Derek, honey, I was watching a movie about a girl who's possessed," I say. "why are you watching that? is it the little girl with the box?" he asks. "yes," I nod. "why does she get possessed?" he asks. "because she has the box and the demon's name means 'taker of children'" I say. "that's sounds horrible," he says.

"it is... I'm hungry," I say. I pick up the phone and order a bunch of food. "you sure you can eat that much?" he asks. "you're here too," I shrug. "why are you even watching demon movies?" he says. "it's freezing in here," he whispers pulling me close to him.

"I don't know, It's interesting I guess," I say. "someone's body be taken over by a demon is interesting?" he says. "I don't why," I pull the covers down and get under them. "Now you're tired? why didn't you sleep when I did?" he says.

"because I wasn't tired then," I say. "Okay, I'll wake you when the food is here," he says. he leans down and kisses my lips. "thank you," I say before closing my eyes.

suggestions??????