Chapter 110

We arrive at Derek's parents house. I help Emily out of the car.

We walk to the front door. Derek knocks before he opens the door and walks in.

He holds the door open as I take Emily's hand and walk inside. Emily runs straight to Grace and they hug before they go and play.

If Grace is here then so is Nancy. I tell myself. "Stay with me," Derek whispers in my ear as he places his hand in my back and leads me into the living room.

"Where do you think I'm going to go?" I whisper back. "Run outside and run back to the hotel," he says.

"I'm six months pregnant, there's no way I'm going to be able to run," I say.

He holds my hand as I sit down before sitting down next to me.

"So, who called you two?" Nancy asks as she walks into the living room.

"Amelia, who called you? Amelia hates you," Derek says. "Ma called me," she says before she sits down across from us.

"what time is it? I'm still tired," I say quietly as I take his left wrist and look at his watch.

"then why didn't you stay at the hotel?" Nancy says.

"I wasn't talking to you," I say looking at her before looking back at his watch.

"it's still early. if this doesn't take long then I can take you back to the hotel and I'll take Emily to the park so you can sleep," he says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kisses my head.

he puts his hand on the side of my head and gently pushes my head on his shoulder. he keeps his arm around me as he leans back onto the couch.

I close my eyes and slowly feel fall take over me.

DEREK

I feel Meredith relax against my body. a few minutes later Amelia walks into the house.

"you weren't already here?" I say. "No, I called you from my house," she says.

"why didn't you call us to come here before you were here?" I ask. "because I knew thought if I didn't you wouldn't be here when I got here," she says.

"No, we would have gotten more sleep," I say. "it's eleven in the morning you'll live- is Meredith asleep?" she says.

"she is, she had a hard time sleeping last night," I say. she nods.

"so what's the big announcement?" Kathleen asks. "I have a boyfriend!" she exclaims as she claps her hands together.

"you woke us up in the middle of the night to tell us you have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"yes, it's important. I haven't had a boyfriend since I was seventeen," she smiles.

"that's great, Amelia. just please tell me this once isn't an addict like the last one was?" I say.

"yes, he's a good person. he's a doctor, his name Atticus Lincoln," she says. "But he goes by Link," she says.

Atticus and Lincoln... those are both good names. I'll tell Meredith about them when she's not so tired, just in case she wants to change the name.

after Amelia's 'announcement' I gently wake up Meredith. I help her to the car and go back to get Emily, she says goodbye to Emily and I help her into the car.

I drive back to the hotel and wake up Meredith and we go inside. Meredith changes and goes straight to bed.

"we'll be back in a few hours," I say pushing her hair out of her face and kissing her forehead.

"thank you," she whispers before her eyes fall shut.

I pull away and pull the covers further up her body. I walk over to the other side of the room and close the curtains.

I grab Emily's bag and some things that she might need. I turn off the lamps and leave with Emily.

I make sure to lock the door behind me before I take Emily to the park.

I sit on the bench as I watch her run around and play.

"hey, stranger," I hear from behind me. I turn to look and see Addison. "what are you doing here?" I say.

"I came to see you," she smiles. "why, how did you know I was here, did you follow me, are you stalking me now?!" I say getting angry.

"Derek, calm down. I'm not going to do anything," she says. "yes, you are. you're going to leave," I say.

"I know you're engaged, Derek, and I know you're going to have a son... that's we what we could've had," she says.

"No, it's not. you were never the one. you're not Meredith and I don't want you to be. I'm in love with Meredith and there's nothing that can change that, if you think getting rid of Meredith will make me happy it'll only make me miserable, so just leave... you're nothing to me and you never will be and you never were to begin with," I say.

"but, in high school..." she says. "I was sixteen, Addison. I knew nothing about love and I didn't know what being in love felt like," I say.

"but you said you loved me," she says with tears in her eyes. "I only said it because when you did and I didn't say it back right away you got angry with me... and I didn't want to feel like a bad person so I said back so you would stop crying," I say.

"you lied?" she says. "you gave me no other choice, when I didn't do as you want you would go back to school and say things about me that weren't true. I threw yourself down a case of stairs and told everyone I pushed you," I say.

"I almost went to jail for five years because of you, I got into school fights because of you. and if I had went to jail for those five years then I wouldn't have to job I do now. you almost ruined my life and you thought I loved you? you really think what you did was because you loved me?" I say.

"Meredith will always be in my life whether it's because she's my wife or because she's the mother of my child... even if Meredith died I would still take my son to her grave everyday if possible so don't even try that because I know it's already crossed your mind," I say, I grab Emily's bag and call her back.

she comes running and I take her hand and bring her back to the car. I help her in and drive to the nearest Ice cream shop and buy her some ice cream.

Addison will be here a lot more.