chapter 142

DEREK

after my shower, I got dressed and went into the nursery. I saw that Logan was already awake. I walk over to him and gently pick him up.

I lay him on the changing table and took off his onesie. I tossed it into the hamper and changed his diaper.

I got him into a clean diaper and got a clean onesie from the dresser. I changed him into a red onesie and picked him up.

I go into the bedroom and see Meredith's still asleep. I walk over to her and gently pull down her covers and lay Logan next to her.

Logan quickly latches onto her nipple and starts nursing. "there you go, scream if she lays on top of you," I say, kissing his head.

"why is he here?" she asks, waking up. "I would have fed him myself but you don't pump," I say, kissing her head.

"I ordered one but it's still coming in the mail," she says quietly, kissing his head before she falls asleep again.

I go into the kitchen and cook breakfast. after breakfast, I eat before going into Emily's room. she's already awake and dressed.

"hungry?" I ask leaning against the doorway. "do you love me?" she asks turning to look at me. "of course, if I didn't I wouldn't be asking you if you were hungry," I say.

"do you love Logan more than me?" she asks. "who's more work?" I say. "Logan," she says. "the less work you are the more I love you, come eat before it gets cold," I say.

She goes up to me but when I think she's going to leave the room she hugs my legs.

"I love you too, Uncle Derek," she says.

"Thank you, Em," I say before kissing her head.

she goes into the kitchen and eats her breakfast. I give her some orange juice and get her bag and shoes on before driving her to school.

when I get back I see Meredith... cleaning? the house. "what are you doing?" I ask. "cleaning," she says.

"Sorry, I forgot clean it up before I left. I was going to do it when I got back," I say walking over to her.

"It's fine. I'm bored anyways. I thought Logan was going to be a nightmare baby but he's an angel, so he's not stuck to me screaming his lungs out so that leaves me bored out of my mind," she says.

"you know some people would kill to have a baby like Logan. we could have sex for the next two hours if we wanted," I whisper in her ear as I wrap my arms around her waist.

"as much as I would love that we had sex about an hour ago and my legs are still killing me," she says as she continues to clean the counters.

"then let's take a bath," I say, kissing her neck. "what about Logan?" she asks. "he's in his bassinet, just bring it into the bathroom and he'll be fine," I say.

"I thought you meant you wanted to have sex in the bath?" she says. "... that's a good idea, we'll put him in the bedroom, and you have to be quieter so we don't wake Logan," I say.

"you have to be quiet too, I wasn't the only loud one," she says. "whatever helps you sleep at night," I say, slapping her ass before I go into the bathroom and run the bath.

****

MEREDITH

after the bath, and a lot of sex, my legs are killing me. I go into the bedroom still wearing only my black silk robe.

I pick up Logan who is already screaming. I sit down on the couch and move my robe a bit so he can latch on.

"Look who's screaming now," Derek says as he walks into the living room as he wraps a towel around his waist.