Bar

Derek left hours ago. I made the kids dinner and put them to bed.

It was getting late but I couldn't fall asleep. I pulled out my phone and texted Cristina.

She wasn't asleep either and I told her about what happened. She said that Izzie would be happy to watch them and that we would go out.

I took a shower, got dressed nice and did my makeup. Izzie arrived and she was tired. I told her she could sleep in the cues room and that the twins her asleep so she didn't have to do anything.

Izzie went to bed and I drove to the bar where we were meeting.

I met Cristina at the bar. We had lots of drinks and were a little tipsy but we could still pass as sober.

"So what happened with that hot boyfriend of yours?" She asked.

"Well, I told you he was leaving for France for a work thing. And we didn't speak for days and he just shows up because he wanted to take some of my books on his trip," I say

"Why doesn't he have his own books?" She asks. "I don't know, but that's not the point. He wasn't sure which books to take with him so he asked me to choose," I say

"He got mad because you chose the wrong books?" She slurs. "No, Cristin, shut up!" I say as she just laughs.

"I picked like ten books because he said they could be gone at the most a year so I figured a lot of books just in case things go longer than expected," I say. She nods.

"And then he asks why so many, I tell him why and he gets upset every time I bring up the fact that he could be gone for a year, I don't know why," I say.

"Were you upset that he leaving for a while?" She asks. "I wasn't happy but he said there was nothing he could do about so why complain,"  I say. She nods agreeing.

"And then I bring up that he could be gone for a year and he freaks out because I'm too okay with him leaving," I say.

"That's what he's mad about, you being supportive?" She says. "It's weird, right?" I say. "Yea, your type in men suck," she says taking another shot and passing me one. I place it on the counter.

"And then we start yelling, and then I ask if he wanted me to get on my knees and beg him because you know it was in the moment and he said yes!" I say.

"He wants you to get on your knees and beg him?" She slurs. "Yea, I don't what's wrong with him," I say quietly.

"Do you miss him?" She asks. "Yeah, I wish I didn't, it's easier to sleep when he's next to me, especially when we're naked," I say.

"So call him," she shrugs. "I can't, he screwed up, not me. what am I supposed to say?" I say.

"Tell him you want sex," she says. "It's not that easy, Cris," I sigh taking another shot.

"Get one of these idiots to go down on you, I'm sure that'd work," she says.

"I've never slept with anyone other than Derek, it'd be weird, I don't trust anyone else," I say.

"You need to trust them?" She says. "I have boy problems, trust issues and childhood trauma, it's normal for me to need to trust someone before I let them shove their dick in me!" I say a little too loudly.

"I didn't know everyone was going to hear that," I say quietly. "Well I heard it," I hear a familiar voice say next to me.

I look over and see-