leaving

MEREDITH GREY

I got my cast taken off two weeks ago. Derek's going to be back in a few minutes. I go into the bathroom, take a shower, and get ready.

I go back into the living room to see Derek's already back. he doesn't look happy. "what happened with work?" I ask. "I have to go," he says. "what? where?" I ask.

"I have to leave the country to find the killer, he's not here anymore he left and I need to find him before he changes his name," he says.

"Okay...? have fun," I say.

"I can't leave you here through," he says.

"why? I have work,"

"he had people here, people that know you and they know where you live now because they followed you here... you have to come with me." he says.

"I don't know if I want to leave," I say leaning against the counter.

"I know, I'm sorry, Meredith. but I can't leave you here, you'll get hurt... go pack your things," he says looking at his phone.

"what-"

"Go pack your things, we need to leave as soon as possible,"

I groan rolling my eyes and I go into my room. I grab my suitcase and pack a bunch of clothes I grab another small suitcase and put my shoes packed some books.

"what now?" I say. "where are your bags?" he looks at me.

"they're in my bedroom," I say.

he nods. he goes into my room and grabs my bags from my bed. "go out to my car and open the door and open the car door," I go outside and out of the building. I open his cars door. I wait for him to come out..

he puts the luggage in the trunk. "get inside the car. here's your purse and coat," he hands me the my things.

I get inside the car and he gets into the drivers seat. "We're going to leave on a jet to Italy, okay?" he says. "I guess," I shrug. "it won't be that bad... I'm sorry for just springing this up on you but I don't want to leave you alone because I don't want to come back and find out you've been hurt. I don't even know how long it'll take," he says.

"yeah, it's fine, I call my boss tomorrow," I say. I lean back into the seat and close my eyes. "Are you hungry? you didn't eat anything this morning," he says.

"No, I'm not hungry, I'm tired," I say. "did you eat anything while I was gone?" he asks. "No," I wasn't hungry. "you should eat something," he says before he took a turn.

****

after we eat, I try going back to sleep. "Meredith, I don't think you should go to sleep yet," I hear him say. "why not?" I ask opening my eyes and looking at him. "watch outside," he says. "Der, there's nothing outside. I just want to go to sleep,"

he looks at me for a few seconds. "Alright, baby. get some sleep," he kisses my cheek. "thank you," I softly. I lay my head back down and drift off to sleep.

****

DEREK SHEPHERD

Meredith fell asleep a couple of hours ago. we arrived. I got out of the car and went around to the back and grabbed the luggage. I brought the luggage to the guys by the jet.

I went back to the car where Meredith was still asleep. I opened her car door, "Meredith, Meredith," I whispered, "it's time to wake up, we're here," I whisper. she moans as she turns her head to me, her eyes still closed.

"Meredith, wake up," I kiss her cheek. I kiss her cheek multiple times until she wakes up. "Mm, what time is it?" she says as she wakes up. "it's time to wake up, we're here," I kiss her again.

"you should have woken me up earlier," she says. she grabs her coat and her purse. "how long is the flight?" she asks. she pulls a pair of sunglasses out of her purse and puts them on.

"why are you putting on sunglasses we're going inside the plane, and it's not even sunny," I say. "I know, but I don't like the way my eyes look when I wake up," she says, she walks over to the jet. I roll my eyes and walk to the jet.

one of the guys helps Meredith inside and I get inside myself. I sit down next to Meredith. she takes off her coat and places her purse on the floor. she puts her seatbelt on before she lays her head on my shoulder.

"you want to take your sunglasses off now?" I ask. "No," she says. she eventually falls asleep. the jet takes off and starts. we'll be on here for over ten hours.

this chapter was hard to write bc I didn't know what to write. there will be some smut soon. I just need some ideas so I'll be thinking about those.