Amelia

MEREDITH

I wake up. I roll over onto my side and see Derek dressed, sitting against the headboard reading a book.

"how long have I been asleep for?" I ask, carefully sitting up.

"Not as long as I thought, you couldn't even move when you were falling asleep, and that's a lot for you because you rock yourself to sleep," he says.

"I grew up with a rocking crib, it's a habit," I say, leaning against the headboard.

"how long?" I ask again.

"an hour or two, and these things last usually until midnight and today is a Saturday so there's no school tomorrow," he says.

"Someone walked in on us when we were in bed, was that one of your sisters?" I ask.

"probably," he says.

I press my head into his shoulder as I groan.

"This is the first I'm here and your sister's first impression of me is on my stomach with her brother's dick in me, how am I supposed to go down there now?" I asked lifting my head and looking at him.

"it'll be fine, just pretend it never happened," he says.

"that's impossible!" I say.

"Okay, why don't you go take a shower and then we can go downstairs, Hmm?" he says.

"that won't help but fine, what about you?"

"I already showered when you were asleep," he says.

I take a quick shower. I get dressed back into the clothes I was wearing before and redo my hair how it was before.

"are you going to get up?" I ask standing by the door.

"yea, just let me finish this chapter," he says.

"you're reading the devil's night series, those chapters are twenty pages long," I say taking the book out of his hands.

"Meredith!" he says standing up.

"you shouldn't read about those men, they're a bad influence on you," I say, putting the book in a book sleeve and then into my bag.

"why's that?" he asks.

"because I'm pretty sure one of them blinded a girl and then ends up marrying her and she has his kids," I say.

"what?" he asks.

"don't ask. let's go," I say, taking his hand and taking him to the door.

"aren't you going to open the door?" he asks me.

"No, you do it, it's your room," I say.

he opens the door and walks out first.

"Meredith, nobody cares if we have sex," he says, taking my hand as we start to walk down the stairs.

"they're going to think I'm a slut," I whisper.

"But you're not," he smiles.

"they don't know I was a virgin when we met," I say.

"then tell them," he says as we meet the end of the stairs.

"what? no!" I say.

"look," he holds both of my shoulders and looks at me.

"you don't look like a slut, you're fine," he says.

"Meredith, Derek, I couldn't find you two earlier," his mother says.

"yea, Meredith felt a little sick again and I didn't want her to be alone," he says.

"oh, that's good," she says.