chapter 146

MEREDITH

the next day.

"Alright, I'm leaving," Derek says. "where are you going?" I ask. "to work on the house... well getting it started," he says.

"Okay, I'll see you in a few hours," I say. I kiss him before he leaves. "what do we do while Daddy's gone, Hmm?" I ask as Logan coos in return.

"you wanna take a bath with mommy? your Dad crying last night caused a knot in my back that I need to get rid of, it's hard holding a grown man when you are a small woman," I say.

*******

after I take my bath with Logan, I feed, change him and put him to bed in his bassinet. I brought Logan in the car seat and drove to Emily's school.

I picked her up from school and she went into her room. I brought Logan back into the bedroom and put him in the bassinet again.

after a few hours, I made dinner and put Emily to bed after helping her with her homework. I go back into my bedroom and get dressed in some pyjamas.

I get into bed and try not to fall asleep.

****

after another few hours, I finally hear the bedroom door open and Derek walks in. he takes his clothes off and gets into bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"How did it go?" I ask in a tired voice.

"I thought you were asleep... it went well," he says. "I actually need to talk to you about something-" he says.

"sleep on it, I'm a little tired right now," I say. "okay, we'll talk about it tomorrow," he says as he kisses my head.

****

"hey, Mer, what would you do if I wore a flannel?" Derek says as he walks into the living room as I'm breastfeeding Logan.

"I would... punch you in the face," I smile. "Meredith..." he says. "I don't know, you just don't look like a flannel kind of guy... and I'm not marrying a flannel kind of guy," I say.

"you don't like flannels?" he says. "No, they remind me of my father," I say. "Okay, that's a big no then," he says throwing the flannel in the trash.

"but you like button-up shirts?" he says. "yes, I like the silk ones you wear," I say. "like the one I usually wear for work?" he says.

"yes, and the red one," I say. I feel Logan start kneading my breast. I remove him from my chest and lay him on my chest with his head on my shoulder where the burp cloth is.

I gently pat his back. "I don't know what to wear," he says. "for what?" I ask. "for the building of the house, I already have everything," he says.

"Just wear a shirt and jeans," I say. "you said don't wear a flannel," he says. "you don't have to wear a flannel. and if you're going to wear it to build the house then I don't care, I thought you meant for the whole day," I say.

"you thought I would want to wear that itchy crap on all day?" he says. "yes, but good to know now that I have nothing to worry about," I say.

"our kids are going to be great dressers now. I know how to dress, you know to dress. I'm hot you're hot, we're going to have hot kids," he says.

"Unless they are the complete opposite of us," I say. "that's not going to happen," he says. "and if they do?" I ask.

"then we deal with it when it happens," he says. "when are you leaving?" I ask. "soon, you're going to be okay?" he says.

"yes, I'll be fine," I say, as I place Logan on his play mat on his stomach.

"Are you he's okay doing that?" he asks. "yes, If he lays on his back too much then his head is going to go flat, and he'll start losing his hair," I say.

"that can happen?" he says. "yes, it happened to Emily and Daniel when they were little," I say. "he should be on the floor more often," he says.

"Okay, I have to go," he says looking at his watch. "bye, I love you," he says kissing me.

he walks over to Logan and kisses his head. "I love you, and grow some muscles soon," he says kissing his head, making me smile.

he grabs his keys and leaves.