chapter 150

DEREK

I wake up the next morning. I roll over onto my side and wrap my arm around Meredith... but instead of Meredith it's a pillow.

I open my eyes and push the pillow away. I get out of bed and blink a few times so it's not so blurry.

I walk out of the bedroom and go into the living room, she's not there. I look into the kitchen, she's not there.

I go into Logan's room to see if he woke her up and she wasn't in there either.

I go back into the bedroom. I was about get back into bed when I hear a noise in the bathroom. I walk over to the bathroom and open the door.

I walk in and see Meredith... naked, in the bathtub full of bubbles with her hair in bun. "what are you doing taking a bath so early?" I ask.

"I've been throwing up for the past two hours, I felt hot and dirty... and not in the good way," she says as she throws her head back.

"why have you been throwing up?" I ask walking over to her. "I don't know, the flus going around. Emily was sick, Logan started feeling a little warm last night and now my stomach feels like it's upside down," she says.

"do you need medicine or something?" I ask kneeling down beside her. "no, I enjoy the flu," she says.

"you what?" I ask. how could anyone enjoy the flu. "the flus kind of fun," she shrugs. "why?" I ask. what kind of woman did I marry?

"well... it's not fun but it's not horrible, I mean the dizziness, the being exhausted. being awake for one hour, being asleep for an hour, being asleep for the next hour and so on," she says.

I give her a confused look. "when I was in high school I enjoyed the flu because it would make me loose weight," she says.

"that's why you enjoy it?" I ask. "yea, there's always a sliver lining if you look for one," she says.

"do you want medicine or not?" I ask. "No, I like physical pain every so often, it helps with the mental pain,"

"I'll always wonder what goes on in your mind," I sigh shaking my head. "if you wanna help me, help me get out of this tub, my legs suddenly feel weak," she says sitting up.

I nod and stand up. I help her out of the tub and help her rinse off the bubbles from her body. I get her a towel while she get's out of the tub.

I wrap the towel around her body and tuck it in in the front. "tight enough?" I ask, smoothing the towel.

"yes, thank you," she says. "are you sure you don't want medicine? you're looking very pale," I say, holding her face in my hands, rubbing her cheeks with my thumbs.

"yes, I'll be fine. I think I just need to eat something, get my sugar up and that should help," she says. I nod.

"Okay, I'll go make breakfast," I say kissing her forehead. she nods. "Okay, I'll get dressed and wake up Logan," she says.

I kiss her again before I go back into the bedroom. I put on a shirt and go into the kitchen.

MEREDITH

I blow dry my hair and curl it. I go into the bedroom and see Derek's already gone to make breakfast.

I go over to the closet and pick out a thin dress a bra and panties. I get dressed and go back into the bathroom.

I look in the mirror and try deciding how to do my hair. I grab my hair brush and tie my hair back into a slicked back ponytail to keep my hair out of my face and I spray my hair with hairspray.

I use my hair toothbrush to brush away the flyaway hairs because they make me want to pull my hair out.

I decide not to put any makeup on because I like the pale look... I'm kidding I look like a vampire and then I leave the room.

I walk into Logan's bedroom and I see him sitting against his plastic headboard, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands.

"good morning, my little Dove," I say sitting on the edge of the bed. "morning, mama," he mumbles with his eyes closed.

"are you hungry? Daddy's making breakfast," I say. he nods. I pull the covers down to see the mattress under him wet.

"baby... did you wet the bed?" I ask. he's been wearing pullups and he's doing pretty good with using his little potty but he's never wet the bed before and he's been using this bed for the past two weeks.

"I'm sowwy, mama," he says with tears in his eyes. "it's okay, Logan. I'm not mad... did you forget to go last night?" I ask softly.

"No, I wanted to go but I was too scared to go all by myself," he says shyly. "if you're scared to go potty at night you can wake me or daddy up and we'll go with you," I say. he nods.

"I'm so sowwy mommy," he says as a tear falls down his cheek. "it's not it's okay, Logan. accidents happen," I say. he nods.

"come on, let's get you into some clean clothes and then we can go see what Daddy made," I say. I help him out of bed and get him changed into clean clothes.

he runs into the kitchen as I throw his sheets and blanket into the washing machine and take his mattress outside then wash my hands.

I go into the kitchen and see Logan sitting at the table eating breakfast. "baby, do you know how to clean a mattress?" I ask walking over to Derek where he stands at the stove.

"I might, why?" he asks. "Logan wet his bed," I whisper. "he what?" he says back. "yea, I'm not really surprised, I mean he's two it's bound to happen but he was fine the first two weeks," I say.

"why didn't he go in the middle of the night? he has his own bathroom," he says. "he said he was too scared to," I say.

"oh," he says. "yea, how do you clean a mattress? do you put soap on it and then rinse it with water? oh! what if we boil it in hot water in the tub?" I say.

"you have no idea how to wash a mattress, do you?" he says. "No," I say. "I'll do it," he rolls his eyes. "go sit at the table and eat, you look even more pale then you did before," he says.

"and I feel a little dizzy," I say. "then sit down before you faint," he says. I roll my eyes as I sit down in my seat.

He puts a plate of food in front of me and we eat breakfast together.

Read my new story 'arranged love'!!