Leaving

Meredith had fallen asleep a few minutes ago. I carefully got out of bed. I pulled the covers over her and kissed her on the forehead before going into the bathroom.

I took a shower and put on a clean uniform. I dried and styled my hair before checking to see if she was still asleep, she was.

I left the bedroom, went into the kitchen, and cleaned some things up before I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote on it. I left it on the counter, I grabbed my things and left, making sure to lock the door.

Meredith's POV:

I woke up in bed alone. I turned over to see Derek was gone. I got up and my head felt dizzy. I put my hand on my forehead. I slowly stood up and went into the kitchen. he wasn't in there either.

I walked over to the counter and saw a note on the counter. I picked it up and read it. "I bawled my eyes out and opened up to him and he left before I woke up, asshole," I scoffed.

I crumbled the note and threw it into the trash can. I went into his room and found some of his hair products in the bathroom. I grabbed the bottle of moose and emptied it into the sink along with some other things.

I rinsed it out and threw the covers and duvet in the hallway closet. I went back into my room and slammed the door shut. I laid down on my bed and picked up my book from the nightstand.

I opened it and started reading.

***

a few hours later, I heard the front door open and close. I kept reading as I heard him moving around. a few minutes later my bedroom door opened. "have you seen my bedsheets and duvet?" he asked walking into my room.

"No, they were gone when I woke... and so were you," I said looking up from my book. "yea, I'm sorry I had to go into work," he said walking over to me, leaning down to kiss my head. I moved, he put his hand on my shoulder and moved me closer to him and he kissed my cheek multiple times.

"I'm sorry I left, I didn't want to but I had to," he said before kissing the side of my head. "what was it?" I asked looking up at him. "... just something, they thought they found the killer but the lead they had only lead to a dead end, it was a stupid lead anyways I don't know how they thought it was going to lead to the killer," he answered.

"you could have told me before you left," I said quietly looking down into my lap. "I would have but you were sleeping so peacefully and you had cried yourself to sleep you needed the rest," he says. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm leaving," I say before standing up. I put the bookmark in the book and closed the book, putting it down on the nightstand. "Meredith, I'm sorry leaving-but you can't leave the killer is still out there, it's not safe," he says taking my arm gently.

"I'm not leaving because I'm mad at you, I'm leaving because I've read almost all my books, I only have three more to read and I'm going out to get more," I say, grabbing my bag and put my things in it.

"your shouldn't go alone," he says. "I'll be fine, you stay here and do whatever it is you do, goodbye Derek," I say before leaving the room. I grab my coat and leave the house.

I drove to the nearest bookstore that wasn't too far from Derek's place. I still call it is place because it is I'm only staying with him because he says if I don't I'll be killed or get hurt because the killer already knows where I live and is not shy of showing it.

I might write shorter chapters...
I hope that's okay?