killed a man?

I was sat on the living couch. it was dark in the room and I was under I blanket with my reading glasses on and the only light they was is my booklight.

I paying too much attention to my book that I didn't even realize Derek walked in. "why are you reading in the dark?" Derek asked as he sat on the couch next to me making me jump. "Why do you always do that?" I asked him, hitting him on the stomach.

"because your sitting in the dark reading... another murder mystery, Meredith!" he says. "I like them! they're interesting," I say reading again.

"and your supposed to be asleep not reading," he says. "and your supposed to be at work," I say. "ouch," he says sarcastically. "I got out an early shift,"

"you should read books too, maybe it would make you a better cop I have some books on that," I joke, giggling to myself. "you need help," he says standing up and going into the kitchen.

"it was a joke I'm sure your great at your job," I say as I turn the side lamp on so It wasn't so dark. "you know, we haven't really talked," he says. "about what?' I ask. "about us, we haven't made anything official,"

"I didn't know that's what you wanted," I say. "I have no reason to not want it, you don't seem like a horrible person so I don't see why not," he smiles. "there's things you don't know about me," I say. "I'm sure there's far worse things about me then there is about you," he says.

"have you killed someone before?" I asked. "what?" he asked shocked turning to look at me. "you're a policer officer, have you ever shot and killed someone, on the job?" I ask, he looks relived for some reason. "yea, I shot a guy, it wasn't to kill him but he ended up dying," he says.

"Mmm," I say. "why do you ask?" he says. "just wondering," I shrug. he nods and continues doing what he was doing. I get up and go into my bedroom. I take a shower and get dressed into my night set. I picked up my book and laid down in bed and started reading again as I let my hair air dry.

"why did you leave? did the killing a guy thing scare you?" he asked walking him into the room. "No, I just took a shower, that's all," I said looking at my book. "I thought you already showered?" he says. "No, I'm just a little tired," I say.

"do you wanna go to sleep?" he asks. "No, not right now," I said. "Hmm," he hummed. he walked into the room and sat down next to me. "I don't like my room anymore," he says. "I don't know how to help you with that, it's your room,"

"I tried sleeping last night but I couldn't, the covers were itchy and the mattress was hard, it felt like it was made of rocks," he says, leaning against me and resting his head on my shoulder. "is this your way of asking me to sleep in my room?"

"if you want me to then I'll sleep with you in case you get scared," he says. "yes, you can sleep in my room," I say patting his shoulder. "Kay," he says, wrapping his arms around me and, snuggling into me and closing his eyes.

"I said with me not on me," I say. he doesn't move and he starts falling asleep. "Derek," I say. he doesn't move. I roll my eyes and keep reading.

***

after an hour or two of reading, I take off my booklight and turn it off. I put my bookmark in and set everything down next to me. I turn over and Derek was leaning on me with all his weight. "Derek," I grunt as I try and carefully roll him over.

I push him a bit harder and he falls over onto the other side of the bed. I hold in a laugh and get under the covers and pull them over me.

I start to fall asleep until I feel Derek wrap his arms around me and pulls me closed into him. "turn over," he whispers with his hand on my stomach, trying to move me. I turn over to face him. "better," he whisper pressing his face into my hair, breathing me in.

"now get some sleep, you have work in the morning," I tell him. he moans a bit in his sleep and falls asleep.

Suggestions??