Chapter 76

A few hours later Andrew gets back. He takes me into the kitchen and hands me a cup of coffee. I move it to the side ends don't drink it.

"Andrew, why are you doing this. Why am I here?" I ask.

"Because you're mine," he says.

"I have a life. I can't just sit here and do nothing. I have work and if I don't go I'm going to lose my job," I say.

"You can get back to that later," he says.

"How soon is later?" I ask.

"Not now Meredith. I have to make a phone call," He says before leaving the room.

****
It's the end of the day. Cristina picked up the kids while I'm still here with Andrew.

Thankfully he's placed me in the guest bedroom so I don't have to sleep with him.

I turn to my side and try to get some rest. I hear the door open but I'm too tired to go look who it is.

I continue to try and fall asleep until the door swings open. "I think we found her, officer Shepherd," I hear one of them but I'm too tired to move.

I roll onto my side and hope they're not real. "and she seems to be asleep," I hear them say again. "We'll have to carry out," they say as I start to hear footsteps coming toward me.

I tell myself they're all just a dream and go back to sleep. I hear the footsteps get louder before the covers get pulled off me.

I feel someone lift me up and carry me out of the room. I know it's not Derek because he's in France. I lay my head against his chest. he carries me out of the room and I suddenly feel the cold air.

I feel myself get placed into a car and someone with a leather glove pushes my hair out of my face before the door close. I hear more doors close, the car start, and then drive away. I don't know what happens next because I fell asleep.

****

the car suddenly comes to a stop. "Alright, we're here. you take her inside the building, while I go get the bastard," he says.

"you're calling him bastard now?" the other one asks. "Well, you won't let us call him by his real name, so yes," he says.

one gets out of the car and opens my door. he lifts me out of the car and carries me somewhere. "where are we going?" I ask into his chest. I feel his vest under my head.

"When did you wake up?" he asks kissing my head.

"I don't know, I've been half awake and half asleep for a while," I say.

"I'm going to take you into my office and I'm going to keep you there until everything's okay," he says.

"I'm not sure how my boyfriend in France will feel about this," I say.

"I'm sure he'll be fine about it," he says. he takes me into the building. I fall asleep again before I wake up as he sets me down on the couch.

I move a bit to get comfortable before relaxing.

"so this boyfriend of yours... he just left you here alone knowing there was a man that wanted you and would do crazy things to have you?" he says as he sits at his desk.

"I guess, but he's good, very good. he had something important in France and he had to go. he's good at his job like that," I say keeping my eyes closed.

"he thought his job was more important than you?" he says.

"yes, I guess. but no, it was important and he had to leave very soon so that might be why, he didn't have the time to think about it before leaving," I say.