chapter 116

DEREK

when I back to the hotel I see Meredith sitting in bed. I go to go into the bathroom. "Derek," I hear her say.

"yea?" I ask turning around. "can we talk?" she asks. why would she want to talk? "sure, what do you want to talk about?" I say.

"come sit," she says patting the spot next to her. she's scared of me, why the hell is she being normal, is she doing this because she has a gun and she's going to shoot me when I sit down.

I walk over to her and sit at the end of the bed. "Derek, I said next to me, not at the end of the bed," she says.

"Meredith, you're scared of me. I don't want to make it worse," I say. "Derek, I'm not scared of you," she says.

"Mer, you don't have to pretend, I know Deluca told you things and I'm going to work on helping you regain my trust," I say.

"Derek, I never believed anything he said in the beginning. I just acted that way in the basement because there were cameras in there and I knew he was watching. he wasn't there when the cops came so I didn't leave with them because he would find a way to get to me again... you and I have been together for over three years, we're engaged and I'm almost seven months pregnant with your kid, did you really think I was that stupid?" she says.

"I-I don't know," I say. "I was gone for like four hours, it would take him decades to hijack me that bad," she says.

"so you never believed I was going to hurt you?" I ask. "No, it's been three years, if you wanted to hurt me you could have done that a year and a half ago," she says.

"why didn't you tell me that when we were there? I thought I was going to have to take you to therapist!" I say.

"okay, you're a lot stupider than I thought," she says rolling her eyes before she gets off the bed.

"where are you going?" I ask. "I've been sitting in a basement for the past four hours, I feel and smell gross. I'm going to take a shower," she says.

"I thought you wanted to talk," I say. "we did, I told you I don't think you're going to kill me," she says. she walks into the bathroom and closes the door. I hear the shower turn on a few seconds later.

"Meredith, I'm going to go pick up Emily!" I say. "okay!" she yells back.

I grab my keys and leave. I lock the door behind me and I drive to my moms house.

when I arrive I go to open the door but it opens before I can open it. "where have you been?" my mother asks.

"I'm sorry, but a lot of things happened that wasn't supposed to happen," I say. "Derek, all you had to do was tell me she was going to be here longer and it would have been but I told her you were coming soon and you didn't so now she thinks I lied to her!" her says.

"Meredith was kidnapped by her ex boyfriend and Addison because they apparently know each other," I say. "what-" she says.

"I can't explain it right now but that's what happened and that's why I wasn't here when I said I was going to be and I had to call the New York cops and Addison was at my place and I- a lot happened," I say.

"Alright... come inside" she says. she moves away from the door and I walk inside.

You actually thought Meredith was that dumb?! I'm disappointed.