Chapter 91

It was the next day and the kids are at school. I pick up the phone and dial Jakes mothers number.

She said that she's love to take them. I hang up the phone.

Derek is at work and the kids are at school and I leave for work.

****
After I finished work I drove to daycare to pick up the kids and then I drove back home.

On the way home there was some traffic. I parked and turned my car off and waited.

There was a loud car sound behind us before there was a loud noise. The last thing I heard were the twins crying before everything went black.

****
Derek.

I finished work and drove back to Meredith's place because she should be there with the kids.

I grabbed the spare key she gave me from my pocket and used it to open the door.

I walked in and heard nothing but quietness. I closed the door and placed the key back in my pocket before I wallows around for a bit.

I looked into Meredith's room and it was empty. I looked into the twins room and it was also empty.

The whole place was empty. I picked up my phone and called Meredith her phone rang a bit before it went to voicemail.

I call her a few more times before I phone starts ringing. I pick up my phone and answer it.

It's a hospital Meredith's at. They said she was in a car accident.

I grabbed my things and drove to the hospital they said she was at.

When I arrived they told me to wait in the waiting room because she was in surgery.

hours later a surgeon finally comes out.

"she's going to be just fine. she had some head injuries but those should heal just fine and the baby is also going to be fine," he says as I stand up.

I let out a deep breath. "thank god," I say sitting back down.

"you can see her in a bit, and the children-" he says.

"the kids were with her?" I ask standing up again.

"yes, the little girl is perfectly fine, she got a minor head injury and a broken leg and the rest she'll be fine," he says.

"and Daniel?" I ask.

"we're not sure yet, but we'll let you know when we do," he says.

"where is she, Meredith? I wanna see her," I say.

"you shouldn't, she not up yet but she's in room... 595-" he says.

I walk in the direction of her room. I find her room and open the door.

I walk into the room and I see her laying in bed. I sit down on the chair next to her.

she has a large cut on her forehead right above her left eye and a cut on her lip.

I take her hand and hold it in mine. I look down at her hand and see cuts and bruises all over it along with her arm.

she starts to stir a bit. her eyes flutter open and she looks at me. "what happened?" she asks in a raspy voice.

"you were in a car accident, you were in traffic and a car came up behind you and crashed into you," I say.

"wh-where are the kids, are they okay, did the baby die, did I miscarry?" she asks all at once as years fill her eyes and start falling down her cheek.

"No, Meredith. the baby's fine, you didn't miscarry and you're going to be fine," I say.

"what about the twins, are they okay?" she asks.

"yes, Emily's fine but there not sure about Daniel, I'm sure he'll be fine though," I say.

"no, he's not going to be fine, he's going to be dead or he's going to be paralyzed and it's going to be my fault," she says as she starts crying.

"Meredith, it wasn't your fault. there's no way it could be your fault... you parked and your car was off and someone crashed into you, you did nothing," I say.

"that's the problem! I should have done something!" she cries.

"there was nothing you could, you couldn't have drove away because you were in traffic because there were people in front of you," he says.

she tries to sit up but she winces and lays back down.

"what happened to my stomach?" she asks.

"you had surgery," I say. she looks at me in shock.

"you just had some internal bleeding," I say.

"as much as I love seeing you, can you please go check on Emily for me, where's Daniel?" she says.

"Daniel's in surgery and, yes, I'll go check on Emily," I say.

I kiss her head. "are you sure you'll be okay?" I ask.

"yea, I'm tired so I think I'll go back to sleep. can you close those curtains?" she asks. I nod. I juss her on the lips, making sure not to hurt the cut.

I walk over to the windows and close the curtains. I walk back over to her and see she's already asleep. I kiss her head and leave the room and go to check up on Emily.

I plan on making something bad happen.