Chapter 96

DEREK

on the drive back Meredith fell asleep. I get out of the car and go around to the back door. I open the car door and gently carry Emily out of the car.

I brought Emily inside and laid her down in bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead before leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

when I turned to leave the room I see Meredith walking inside. "Meredith, you were supposed to wait for me!" I say walking over to her and placing both my hands on her waist so she doesn't fall.

"I can walk, Derek. I'm not paralyzed," she rolls her eyes.

"that's not a reason," I say. I lift her into my arms and carry her into her bedroom. "Derek, you don't need to carry me!" she groans hitting my arm.

"I want you to stay in bed until you're fully healed," I say setting her under the covers. "I thought you said the only thing that needs to heal is my arm, if my arm is the only thing injured then what's the big deal?"

"I don't want you to get hurt," I say.

MEREDITH

"Derek, go away," I say.

"I'm not leaving, do you want me to make you something to eat?" he asks.

"if I say yes will you go into the kitchen?" I say.

"yes," he says.

"then yes, I'm starving," I say.

"Okay, I'll go make you something and then I'll help you take a shower later," he says. he kisses my head and leaves the room.

when the door closes I get up and go into the bathroom. I close and lock the door before turning on the shower.

I grab some plastic that Derek already put in the bathroom and wrap it around my cast.

I take off my clothes and get inside.

As I'm taking a shower I feel myself getting a bit dizzy but I push through it and continue.

After my shower, I step out and wrap a towel around my body. I walk out of the bathroom and see Derek standing at the end of the bed with his arms crossed and eyes glaring at me.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed?" He says. "You did, but I wanted to take a shower and you were in the kitchen," I say walking over to the closet.

"Had you told me I would have helped you," he says. "I didn't need your help," I say as I look for some clothes to wear.

"Meredith, you just got out of the hospital, did you at least put something over your cast?" He says.

"Of course I did, I'm not an idiot," I roll my eyes. "That's not where I was going. Next time you take a shower you need to tell me," he says.

"What for? It won't be any different," I say. "Because if you drop something and can't grab it I can do it for you instead of you bending over and falling," he says.

"Why would I fall?" I ask. "Because your incision is still fragile and new. If you bend or move the wrong way then it could open and you'll bleed out, and where they made your incision is very close to your uterus which is where are child is currently growing, therefore it could cause a miscarriage," he says.

He's got a good point.

"Fine... next time I'll tell you," I say. "Good girl," he says walking towards me. He places a hand on my waist and kisses my cheek before walking out of the room.

I pick out a set of light pink silk Pyjamas and get dressed. I walk back to my bed and sit down for a bit to get rid of the dizziness.

After the dizziness fades, I get out and go into the living room. "You really don't understand the meaning of bedrest, do you?" Derek says from the kitchen.

The kitchen and living room are two different rooms but you can see the kitchen from the living room and vice versa.

"Understand it, but I don't understand the point in me doing it," I say turning the tv on. I don't wanna watch it but I like the background noise so I turn the volume down a bit.

"Didn't hear anything I said five minutes ago?" He asks. "That was about the shower. You didn't say anything about bed rest," I say.

"So I have to give you a speech on everything?" He says. "If you can find the time then why not?" I say.

"Meredith, you're being stubborn for the reason, I know you're still upset about Daniel but rebelling won't help," he says.

"I'm not in high school and I'm not going emo, don't worry," I roll my eyes. "I mean you're doing other things so you don't have to think about it,"

"I hardly knew the kid, things happen and people die, it's nothing new. I watched a guy get murdered at work the other day and I was fine," I shrug.

"What?" He says. "It was no big deal, other than the fact that he has to be cuffed to the bed at all times,"

"Well that's not the same thing as losing your nephew," he says. "I'll grieve later," I say.

"When's later?" He asks. "At the funeral," I say. "You want an open or closed casket?" He asks. "How did he look when you saw him? Did he look terrible, like too terrible for people to see?" I ask.

"No, most of the damage was done on his body," he says. "Then there's your answer," I say.

"We're talking more about this later. Come eat, it's ready," he says.

"Is Emily still asleep?" I asked walking into the kitchen. "Yes, I checked on her a few minutes ago," he says.

"You'll be a good dad," I say sitting down. "Thank you," he says standing next to me as he puts the plate in front of me before kissing the side of my head.

"Which will be good if I'm a terrible mother," I say. "Meredith," he says. "Just saying," I shrug.

"Shut up and eat your food," he says bringing the fork of food to my mouth. I open and he feeds it to me.

Tik tok is Derekspxssy!