chapter 111

DEREK

I carefully open the door and see that Meredith is no longer asleep. I open the door all the way and Emily runs into the room, she jumps on the bed and hugs Meredith.

Meredith wraps her arms around her and kisses her forehead before she asks about what she did while at the park.

I drop her bag onto her bed and go into the bathroom. after I finish in the bathroom I go back into the bedroom area.

when I go back into the room Emily is on her bed and playing with her toys. I walk over to Meredith and sit down next to her.

"how did everything go with-" I cut her off by kissing her deeply. I pull away for a second before tilting my head a bit to get a better angle before I let my tongue explore her mouth.

she submits to me and relaxes against the headboard with her hand on my shoulder. I kiss her again before pulling away.

"what was that for?" she asks breathless. "something happened when we were at the park," I say, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into my chest.

"what happened?" she asks. "Addison was there. I'm not sure how she knew we were at the park, maybe she was at my parents and she followed us when we left," I say.

"what-did she do anything?" she asks. "No, after I told her some things I left with Emily," I say.

"what did you tell her?" she asks. "I just told her there was no point in trying to do ruin our relationship because It wouldn't work," I say. she nods.

"but she knows I won't stop loving you so she might try doing something else, she might do something that will make you hate me," I say. she looks at me confused.

"what do you mean?" she asks. "she doesn't need you to fall out of love with me, she needs you to hate me," I say.

"this is great, I have a psycho ex, you have a psycho ex," she says. "how long were you wake for when we came back?" I ask, changing the subject.

"not long, maybe thirty minutes," she shrugs. "did we come back to soon?" I whisper in her ear. "No!I'm glad you came back when you did. I was getting bored," she says.

"you were reading, you're never bored when you're reading. when you read you're usually making out with Aaron Warner in your head," I say picking up the book she was reading.

"that's not true," she says. "it's fine, it's not like you said yes to marrying him," I say.

"are you sure you're family is happy with us getting married?" she asks. "yes... why wouldn't they?" I ask, putting the book down and turning to look at her.

"I don't want Nancy to hate me if we're going to get married," she says softly. "Meredith... it's not like that. you can't make Nancy like you, the only way she'll like you is if you're just as mentally insane as she is," I say, making her smile small while looking down.

"I don't want you to worry about Nancy, she's not worth your time," I say. "at the wedding we'll make sure she doesn't do anything stupid or try to ruin it," I say. she nods.

"the only thing we will have to worry about is making sure the baby doesn't cry while you're walking down the aisle," I say. she nods smiling, still looking at her hands.

"speaking of the baby, I'm not too sure about the name Clarke," she says. "what do you mean?" I ask.

"I don't know. I like the name I'm not sure if the name is our sons name, the names I mentioned I still like but I don't feel like I can just name if without seeing him because what if the name doesn't fit him when he's born?" she asks looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

"it's okay, Meredith. we don't have to pick him name right now," I say softly as I hold her cheek in my hand.

"the name will come to us when it does. we'll pick our favorite names and then we'll keep them in mind when he's born so we can pick the perfect name," I say kissing the side of her head.

"what if we don't find a name?" she asks as she sniffles and wipes her eyes. "I'll make sure we do," I say, she nods.

"what if they got the gender wrong and it's a girl and we only have boy names picked out?" she asks.

"Meredith," I chuckle. "that's not going to happen, the doctors know how to tell the difference from a penis and a vagina," I say.

"okay, but we need to make some time," she says. "time for what?" I ask. "time for sex, my hormones are driving me crazy and I need sex," she says.

"Okay, we'll make time for sex," I say kissing her head before kissing her lips. I try to pull away but she pulls me back and deepens the kiss.