chapter 134

We arrived at the hospital. I helped Emily out of the car and we left her suitcase in the car. I walked her into the hospital and took her to Meredith's room.

she ran up further up to her room and opened the door and ran in. I eventually caught up and when I walked up to the room I saw Emily sitting on the side of the bed while Meredith holds the baby in her arm.

Meredith doesn't look at me when I walk into the room, but when I look to the left I see my mother sitting on one of the chairs reading a book.

"did she talk to you?" I ask sitting next to her. "yes, she was crying when I got here," she says, not looking up from her book.

"why was she crying?" I ask. "because she felt like she couldn't trust you. she's not gonna trust you alone with either of the now," she says.

"I-... I didn't how to explain a coma to a five-year-old. I already felt like Meredith was dead... I-I didn't know how to do it, kids they ask questions and Logan was already a handful while being a newborn and I don't know how to take care of a five-year-old and a newborn alone," I say.

"how do you think I did it? when you were born you're father was in another country for work, he tried to get out of it but he couldn't and I had to take care of five kids for next two months... your father hated it but he was happy to see you when he came home... you can't just give them away when things get hard, because it's hard for them too. how do you think Emily felt when her mother dropped her and her brother off at her aunts' who she barely knew... and then her father came and she thought he was going to be a good person and take care of them, but he slapped her across the face when she started to cry... and then he left her, and then there was an accident and her brother died... how do you think she felt when her Aunt suddenly got sick and had to go to the hospital for two weeks while she was at someone else's house?" she says.

"you don't think Meredith dying ever crossed her mind? her brother died at a hospital and now her aunts there, the only family she has now... and when you and Meredith get married you'll be her uncle therefor you can't just hand her off to Cristina when things get hard... she doesn't know if she should trust you with Emily or Logan," she says.

"I know, when I did it I wasn't thinking. but now that Meredith's fine I know that now," I say looking over at them.

"you're a father now, you have to be more responsible now, and its with two kids, not one... not think about all the people have triplets," she says.

"I don't want to think about that," I say. "Just don't piss her off anymore and you should be fine," she says.

"I'll try," I say. I get up and walk over to Meredith's other side.

"Do you think you're ready to go home soon?" I ask running my hand over the back of her head.

"Can I go home soon?" She asks. "Yes, we just need to get the the discharge papers signed and then we can go," I say.

"Then go get them," she says. I walk away from the bed and give my mom a look before I leave the room and find Meredith's nurse.

I ask her for the discharge papers and the doctor signs them before she tells me I can take her home now but Meredith will need a wheel chair.

I go back into the room and tell Meredith that she can go home but she'll need a wheel chair.

She doesn't seem happy about the wheel chair part. I leave the baby with her and after a few minutes my mom leaves.

I grab Meredith's bag and put all her things inside before I close it up and the doctor brings the wheelchair.

I move Emily to sit on one of the chairs so she's not in the way as I place Logan on the bed.

She tells me the car seat is in the car and that she'll carry him outside. Meredith gets dressed into her regular clothes and then I help her into the wheelchair.

I hand Logan back to her and hang the bags up on the handles of the wheelchair. I tell Emily we're leaving and I take Meredith outside.

I help her into the passenger seat before I take Logan and close the door as she puts on her seatbelt. I place Logan in the car seat and put the bags in the back and take the wheelchair back.

I help Emily into the car and buckle her in her booster seat before I get into the front of the car and drive back home.

Should I get rid of Emily?? I kinda feel like she's in the way🫥