it's nothing

MEREDITH

twenty minutes later Derek came back into the office. I reading as he walked over to his desk and started working on some paperwork.

after another thirty minutes, I placed a bookmark at my page and closed the book. I placed it on the couch and stood up. "Are you hungry?" I asked him. "No, I ate earlier," he says not looking at me. I think he's still mad about earlier.

I roll my eyes before grabbing my bag and left his office. I got a few smirks from the other guys while I was leaving he station. I left the building. I went to the café close by and went got something to eat. after I finished. I paid the waitress and gave her a tip. "thank you," she smiled. I smiled and nodded.

I grabbed my bag and left. I drove back to the station. I went inside and went up to Derek's office. "hey, still pissed?" I asked as I walked inside. "Hmm?" he says looking up at me.

"I'll take that as a no," I mumble. "eat this," I hand him a bag that I brought from the café. "I said I didn't want anything," he says picking up the bag. "yea, that was thirty minutes ago, I figured you'd be hungry by now," I say.

"thank you," he says quietly. "Are you still upset about earlier?" I ask him. "No, I'm sorry about that. I don't know why I was so upset," he says looking down. "it's okay," I smile. I walk over to him. I put my hands on his shoulder and kiss his cheek.

"eat, finish up your work and then we can go home," I kiss him again and walk back over to the couch. "can I stay at your place tonight?" he asks. "yea, of course," I say. "you don't like sleeping at your place anymore?" I ask.

"No, not really. it's too quiet there," he says. "why? now that I'm not snoring anymore it's too quiet for you?" I giggle. "I guess," she shrugs. "you can stay at my place for as long as you want," I say. "thank you," he says quietly. he's suddenly quiet...

****

after Derek's finished work, we go back to my place. Derek was quiet the entire drive home. Derek stays in the living room whilst I go into the bathroom and take a shower. after my shower, I wash my face and dry my hair before brushing through it.

I went back into my room. I grab a pair of sweatpants and a white long-sleeve shirt. I go back into the living room where I see Derek on the couch looking at his phone. I walk over to him and sit next to him.

right as I sit down he turns is phone of and puts it inside his pocket before I can see anything. "what were you looking at that I'm not supposed to see?" I giggle. "Nothing," he grins, leaning in and kissing me softly.

"it's okay, Derek, you can tell me," I say pulling away, putting my hand on his chest. "I told you, it's nothing, Mer," he says leaning in again. I pull back. "Derek just tell me what it is," my smile fades. "Mer, it's nothing. I promise," he says.

"If it's nothing why won't you show me?" I say. "because there's no reason, it's a waste of time," he says. "Well, then I guess so is talking to you... I'm going to bed, I have an early shift tomorrow," I say, getting up.

"Meredith, Don't, come here, please?" he says. "No, you said it's a waste of time, I'm not going to waste your time anymore," I go to my room and shut the door. I get under the covers and turns the lights off then turn my lamp on.

I pick up my book and start reading to take my mind off Derek. after an hour of reading, I place my book back down on my nightstand and fall asleep.

****

I wake up. I shift a bit before I open my eyes. I'm not in my bed anymore and my head hurts a lot. I look around the room and see that I'm in the hospital. I sit up and look down at my arm. I left arm as a dark purple cast on it.

after a few minutes, Derek walks into the room. "what am I doing here?" I ask. he looks at me surprised as tears fill his eyes. he rushes over to me and hugs me. "why am I here and why are you crying? and why is there a cast on my arm?" I say.

"last night you were sleep walking again... you turned on all the stove burners before you climbed onto the kitchen counter and jumped off," He whispers into my shoulder.

"how long have I been asleep for?" I ask. "six hours," he says. "I have to calm my boss," I say, trying to stand up. "No, you're staying here. I already called your boss, he's says you can have a few weeks off until you're healed," he says.

"today was supposed to be my first day back after my break. I don't want to stay home," I say. "Meredith, you can't work, your arm is broken, your dominant hand is broken and you can't even leave bed," he says.

"why not?" I ask. "you had a small brain bleed, it healed on it's own but it's still a brain bleed... we're going to have to do something more serious about your sleep walking because you can't keep getting hurt like this or you'll end up with much worse than a broken arm and a small brain bleed," He says.

"I forgot to lock my door last night," I said. "more than that, we should sleep-walking-proof your apartment," he says. I laugh. "that's not a thing, Derek. I'm fine," I say. "if you're fine then why are you in a hospital bed with a broken arm?" He says. I glare at him.

"I-be quiet," I say looking away. "you can go home when the doctor comes to see you," he says. He kisses my head before he sits down next to me. he wraps his arms around me and leans his head against mine.

"I still remember last night and I still want you to tell me what you were looking at," I say. "I was hoping you would have hit your head hard enough to forget that," he sighs. "and the reason I jumped was so I could fall hard enough to forget you," I roll my eyes.

"I'll tell you later," he says. "you hoping I forget later?" I ask looking at him. "yes," he says. he leans down and kisses my cheek. "I hate you," I cross my arms over my chest. "I love you," he says before laying his head on mine.

someone said they wanted to see more sleepwalking. anything else you want to see? I think I'll make him take her virginity in Italy or something or another country, any smut suggestions??