Bad Day

Summary : Louis had a bad day - and it was the first time he saw Harry's real softness .

Enjoy x

~~

It was a few days after Louis' apartment was broken into . He held himself together , did his best to move on - however , it was easier said than done . In those few days he officially moved in with Harry into the mansion , so he had to find the right times during the day to cry without Harry knowing .

Harry , when he successfully finished his three-days operation on finding any piece of information about those three men who broke into the apartment , decided to surprise Louis by coming home early .

He drove around the side of the mansion and down to the basement garage , where his other two cars parked . He got out of the car and punched the code in , buzzing the door open . He walked up the stairs to the entrace lobby , about to call out that he was home - when he heard sniffling .

He put his things down and walked up the stairs to the second floor , "Louis ?"

Louis stopped crying in an instant when he heard Harry calling his name , and his footsteps walking upstairs . He wiped his cheeks and eyes with his sleeves and took a few deep breaths , forcing a smile onto his lips as he turned a bit to face Harry .

"H-Hey , you're back early ." He said in a quiet voice , as the lump in his throat just wouldn't go away . Harry only frowned as he walked closer , kneeling in front of him with his hands on his thighs , "Why were you crying ?" He asked in a soft voice .

"I wasn't ."

Harry's frown changed into a blank expression , shaking his head , "Don't lie . I heard you ."

Louis tense shoulders slumped , he moved himself away from Harry and tucked his knees to his chest . Harry frowned again and moved to sit in front of him , yet keeping a bit of a distance between them - just incase Louis didn't want him close .

"Louis ."

Louis glanced at Harry sideways , his eyes filling with tears again as the lump in his throat now prevented him from making any noise .

"Do you want to talk about it ?" Harry asked quietly , almost in a whisper . Louis shook his head , to which Harry nodded , "Okay . Will you let me do something for you , then ?"

Louis shook his head again , sniffling , "I j-just want to be alone ."

"I figured . I never said I was involved ." Harry gave him a gentle smile , before standing up , "Give me a few minutes ."

Louis watched Harry standing up from the couch and going downstairs , he wiped his cheek when a tear fell and went to lay on the guest bedroom bed .

It was about fifteen minutes later , Harry knocked softly on the door and pushed it open , "Baby ." He walked into the room and kneeled in front of Louis , placing a warm hand on his waist , "Come with me ."

Louis slowly stood up from the bed , Harry took his hand gently and walked him to the master bedroom's bathroom . His eyes softened when he saw Harry prepared him a warm bath , the bathroom was filled with scented candles , there was a tray of fruit , crackers and chocolate near the tub .

"Got you a bath ready , so you can relax , be on your own ." Harry pulled him further in , "I put a towel and a bathrobe in the drier so it's warm for when you finish ." He pointed to the mini-drier near the sink , "And there's a facial mask here , if you feel like it ." Harry lifted up a packet from the sink , of one of Louis' favourite facial masks he brought with him from the apartment .

"Take as long as you need , I'll be in the office or downstairs ." Harry brought Louis' hand up to his lips and kissed his knuckles , before leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind him .

Louis took a few more moments to take in the sight , before he undressed and got into the tub . Barely three seconds into sitting in the steamy water , he was crying again . He didn't try to stop himself and just let it out , until his head was hurting from crying so much .

Once he could breathe again he leaned back in the tub and washed his face , eating some of the chocolate and the crackers on the tray on a stool near the tub . He took the time to put the facial mask on and closed his eyes , relaxing his muscles and breathing in the scent of the candles .

He took the mask off and massaged his face with his fingers a bit , washing it with a bit of warm water . He stayed in the tub until the water got cold and he couldn't sit there anymore , he stepped out of the tub and took the towel from the drier , sighing out when the fabric was soft and warm .

He dried himself , then wrapped himself in the bathrobe as he walked to the door . He turned to look once more at the bathroom ; Harry , his Harry did this for him . The same Harry who just a few days ago shot three people without blinking .

He left the bathroom and went to the walk-in closet , he pulled on his boxers before taking the robe off , he pulled on a pair of sweatpants then shyly grabbed one of Harry's jumpers to wear - it was huge on him and smelled like Harry , which he loved . He put on a pair of fluffy socks and left the room to look for Harry .

He saw his office door halfway open , when he peeked inside he saw that Harry was looking down at his phone . He knocked lightly on the door , Harry lifted his head up , his expression morphing from pinched and serious into a soft one with a gentle smile on his lips , "Hey baby . Come in ."

"Are you not busy ?" Louis asked , Harry shook his head , "Never too busy for you . Come in ." He put his phone away and moved the chair back from the desk as Louis walked into the big room .

"How are you feeling ?" Harry asked as Louis stood in front of him , smiling wider when he saw Louis was wearing his jumper . 

"I'm okay ." Louis nodded , biting his lower lip with faint blush on his cheeks . He was too shy to ask Harry for a hug and wasn't sure what to do . Luckily for him , Harry opened his arms , "Come here ."

He walked closer , Harry brought him into his lap sideways and wrapped his arms tightly around him , pressing kisses to his cheek and temple . Louis laced his arms around Harry's shoulders , "Harry ..?"

Harry pulled back a bit to look at him , Louis turned a bit more to face him before pressing a shy kiss to his lips , "Thanks for .. for the bath , and everything with it ."

"Of course , baby , you don't have to thank me ." Harry kissed him again softly .

"I-- I uh , since a few days ago ... I've been really scared . It was scary . I tried to be brave , and - and move on , but it's not easy . I dream about it , too . I'm always on g-guard , I never want it t-to happen again ." Louis held his bottom lip with his teeth , eyes getting glossy again .

Harry brought him into a hug , tucking Louis' face into his neck as he rubbed his back , "You could've told me , baby . I won't let you go through this alone ."

"Didn't want you to th-think I'm weak ." Louis shook his head , Harry squeezed him , "Never , I would never think you're weak . You're the strongest person I know ."

Louis sniffled , Harry continued rubbing his back and kissing his head until he calmed down again .

"If you ever feel like this again - remember I'm here , and you can talk to me ." Harry whispered into his ear , Louis nodded , "Thank you ."

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author