Harry's Birthday

Summary : It's Harry's birthday , and Louis has no idea what to gift to someone like him .

‼️Just to be clear - there's no chronological order for this ficlet , the parts are random scenarios throughout their relationship .

Enjoy x

~~

It's been three months since Louis and Harry started dating , and it was nearing Harry's birthday . Louis had no idea what to buy him , what to do for him , how to celebrate .

Harry was one of the richest people he knew , he could buy himself anything he wanted . He could throw himself this massive party , could book himself a place for vacation anywhere he wanted . Louis was lost .

He called Liam , one of Harry's best mates , and shyly asked to meet up with him and Zayn . The two agreed to see him at a coffee shop in the city , two weeks prior to Harry's birthday .

Louis nervously walked into the coffee shop and stood in line to buy himself a cup of hot chocolate , it was so cold outside . He ordered his drink and paid , then went to wait by the counter .

Liam and Zayn walked into the shop and quickly spotted Louis , Louis gave them a shy , nervous smile and a wave as they walked over .

"Hey Louis , were you waiting for long ?" Zayn asked , Louis shook his head , "No no , got here two minutes ago and ordered my drink ." He said , Liam patted Zayn's shoulder , "Go sit with him I'll order for us ."

"Thanks lad ." Zayn nodded and Liam went to stand in line .

Louis received his order and thanked the bartender , taking his cup as he followed Zayn to one of the booths . They sat across from each other , Zayn gave Louis a smile , "How have you been ?"

"I'm alright , things are great ." He smiled , "You ?"

"I'm good . What did you want to talk about ?"

Louis bit his lower lip , "It's - It's Harry's birthday in two weeks , and I've been trying to figure out what to do , what presents to get for him . I'm kind of lost ."

Zayn smiled , "What were you thinking about ?"

"That's my problem - everything I come up with gets turned down ." Louis pouted a bit , "I'm completely lost with the presents . I was thinking about a restaurant for dinner , but I don't want to book us a place he wouldn't like . Maybe a pub , but I - I'm not the biggest fan of clubs and drinking . A surprise party is a maybe . I just don't know who to invite except for you two - I don't know who else he's friends with ."

Liam joined them at the table and handed Zayn his drink , "Is it about Harry's birthday ?"

"Yeah . I'm lost ." Louis slumped a bit .

"With all honesty , I think you're overthinking it ." Zayn shook his head , "Harry didn't celebrate his birthday in years , now . We did manage to take him out for a drink in the last couple of years , but he never did anything . So anything you do for him will be great ."

"Like what ? I really don't know what to do . And what presents can I buy for him ? He's so rich , he can buy himself anything he wanted ." Louis' eyes were wide with worry .

"Louis , we're serious . You can do anything you want . A restaurant , a pub , one single cupcake with a candle on it - Harry will love anything you do for him ." Liam reassured him with a smile , "Don't worry about any presents , you could get him a can of soda and he'll love it , because it's from you ."

Louis blushed at his words , Zayn nudged his foot from under the table , "If you really want to get him something he'll love , make sure it has to do with you ."