A Break - The Aftermath

Summary : The days following Louis' return from his break .

Enjoy x

~~

Suitcases . Cold . Silence . Coffee with alcohol . Head spinning . Lifting weights . Checking phone . Bed empty .

Harry opened his eyes , his arm instinctively moved to the side of the bed . Empty .

He shot up and threw the covers off , sending them flying to the floor . He jumped out of bed and switched the bed lamps on , his eyes wide with concern at the sight of the empty room . He snapped his head in the direction of the bathroom , but the lights were off .

Fuck . Fuck . Where is he . Fuck .

He checked the closet-room but it was empty aswell , making his head spin .

No . No .

He walked out of the room , his strides long and hurried . Lounge empty . Guest rooms empty .

Then he heard faint sounds from downstairs . He skipped down to the first floor and went to the kitchen , where the sounds came from . His hammering heart slowed down at the sight of Louis sitting on the counter , holding a mug in one hand and his phone in the other , a jar of cookies next to him .

Louis looked up and gave him a smile , "Hey . What are you doing up ?" He frowned when he took in Harry's state , making him put his phone and mug down on the counter , "Hazzie ?"

Harry rubbed his eyes , then down his face , before he walked over to him . Louis held his arms open , wrapping them around Harry's shoulders and pulling him into a cuddle .

"Everything okay ?" Louis whispered as Harry clung onto him , arms around his waist and face in his shoulder .

"Better now ." Harry said back just as quietly . "Woke up and you weren't there . Got me worried ."

Louis moved closer and kissed his head , "Sorry . I couldn't sleep , so I got up to make myself some hot chocolate ." He rubbed his hands up and down Harry's massive back , scratching his nails softly along his spine .

They stayed cuddled up for a while longer , before Louis nudged Harry to look at him . He pressed a gentle kiss to his lips , "Let's get back in bed ?"

Harry kissed him again before helping him off the counter , he put the cookie jar back in the pantry while Louis rinsed his mug in the sink .

Louis grabbed his phone from the counter and linked his arm with Harry's as they walked upstairs back to their bedroom , his eyebrows raised in surprise when he saw the blankets on the floor .

Harry silently put them back on the bed , moving them back for Louis to get in . Louis sat under the blankets , waiting for Harry to get in with him and turn the lights off before laying down on the pillows .

He shifted closer until he was sharing the pillow with Harry , his arm laid across Harry's chest . "Did it make you panic because I wasn't in bed with you ?" He whispered , frowning when Harry nodded .

"I'm sorry ." He pressed a light kiss to his cheek , Harry turned his head sideways to brush the tips of their noses together , "Don't be . Let's get some sleep ."