Flat Tire

Summary : Louis gets stuck alone with a flat tire and handles it on his own . Harry is a bit opposed to it .

Enjoy x

~~

Louis was driving back home to his and Harry's mansion , listening to songs and tapping his fingers on the wheel .

He was on the road leading up the mountain to the mansion when he hit a bump that caused his tire to pop . He huffed as he stopped the car off the road and stepped out , looking down at his front left tire - seeing it was completely flat .

"Why ." He whined to himself and opened the trunk of his car , taking out tools . He reached under the car for the spare tire and took it with him , placing a jack under the car and lifting it until the tire was off the ground .

He unscrewed the screws and pulled the tire out , replacing it with the spare one and screwing it in . He lowered the car and placed his tools and popped tire in the trunk , scrunching his nose when he saw how dirty his hands were . 

He took baby wipes from the glove box in his car and wiped his hands a bit , switching the car back on and driving to the mansion .

He parked in the garage and went to the kitchen , washing his hands with soap and water thoroughly , taking his time cleaning under his nails and letting his hands rest in warm water with soap .

He turned his head when he heard footsteps and smiled when he saw Harry walking into the kitchen , "Hey ."

"Hi baby ." Harry walked over , eyebrows pinched together when he saw Louis' hands in a bowl of water and soap . "What's that for ?" He stood next to him and put his arm around his waist , pressing a kiss to his head .

"I changed my tire and my hands got dirty , this is warm water and soap to help get rid of the oil and dirt ."

Harry looked down at Louis with a frown . "You changed your tire ?"

"Yeah , it popped from this bump on the road and I changed it , I need to go get it properly fixed tomorrow ." Louis nodded and pulled his hands out of the bowl and looked down at his nails .

"Your tire popped and you didn't say anything ? You didn't call me or think to let me know ?" Harry still frowned .

Louis looked at him confused . "Why would I need to ? I know how to change a tire , it's no big deal ."

"What if you got hurt ? What if someone ambushed you ? What if it wasn't an accident and someone planned for you , or me , to get stuck there and have their way with us ?"

Louis shook his head , "And yet nothing happened . Harry I'm alright , I only changed a flat tire , why are you making a big deal out of this ?" He asked as he dried his hands .

"Something could have happened , of course I'm making a big deal out of this ." Harry fought back , "Your tire fucking popped and you just let it slide ?"

"Nothing . Happened ." Louis put the towel down angrily . "Stop making me feel useless . Stop acting as if I'm incapable of anything . I can change a flat tire and I don't need to call you over every little thing to come to my rescue ."

"Baby it's not what --" Harry tried following Louis out of the kitchen .

"Don't call me that ." Louis put his hand up to stop Harry as he continued his way upstairs .

Harry stopped , "Lou , can you --"

"Don't . Not now ." Louis disappeared up the second floor , Harry huffed and pushed his hair up from his forehead .

He busied himself with making dinner instead , letting Louis calm down . He took his time cooking and even made a small dessert . He finished cooking and went upstairs , seeing Louis sitting on the cloud couch under a soft blanket with his knees curled up .

Louis looked up with a pout on his lips when he saw Harry . "I'm sorry ."

"I'm sorry ." Harry sat on the edge of the couch and pulled him into a hug , Louis curled up into his chest and sighed , "I didn't mean to get so angry ."

"I didn't mean to make you feel useless . That wasn't my intention ." Harry rubbed his back .

"So you believe me that I know how to change a tire ?"

"I believe you ." Harry nodded . "I wasn't upset about the fact that you changed your flat tire on your own . I was upset that I had no idea you were stuck in the middle of the road on your own , and something could have happened to you - and I would not have a single clue what was happening ."

Louis pulled back from the cuddle to look at Harry , "So from now on I have to tell you about every flat tire I have ?"

"I would just appreciate it if you told me about your whereabouts ." Harry pushed Louis' hair behind his ear , "Just so I know where you are , incase anything happened ."

"But nothing happened ."

"This time , nothing happened ." Harry nodded , "I don't want to scare you - just keep me updated . Let me know ."

"I'll try ." Louis nodded , "Just please don't suffocate me with this -- this ... protectiveness of yours ."

"I'll try ." Harry smiled , wrapping his arms around Louis again when he curled back against his chest .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author