Puppies

Summary : Mint has her puppies .

Enjoy x

~~

Harry opened the cell door to Mint's cell , smiling at the sight ; Louis was sitting on Mint's bedding with Mint laying on her side next to him , her head resting on his lap and her belly big and round .

"Hey baby ." Harry let the door shut , "The vet should be here any minute now ."

"She's stopped whining for now , but I think she's about to have more contractions soon ." Louis said as he pet her , "Could you please get Apollo for her ?"

"Of course ." Harry left the cell and fetched Apollo from his cell down the hall , he let the dog into Mint's cell and watched as he sniffed her a bit and licked her face and ears .

Liam walked over with the vet close behind him , "Here they are ."

The vet shook Harry's hand and put his backpack down on the floor , moving to kneel in front of Mint . "How long between contractions ?" He asked Louis .

"Just a few minutes , ehm - maybe ten ?" Louis looked down at Mint , "The last one was about five minutes ago so I think she should have another one soon ."

"Okay . I'm going to ask you to move so we can get things ready for her , okay ?" The vet said , Louis nodded and carefully moved away , he placed Mint's head down on a cushion Liam handed over . He kissed her head and stood up , "I'll go get the heated blanket ."

He fetched the heated blanket he ordered especially for the birthing of the puppies , walking back into the room . He pouted sadly at the sounds of Mint's whining , Harry rubbed his back to comfort him and took the blanket from him , "Baby you don't have to stay if it's too hard for you ."

"I hate that she's in pain , Hazzie ." He watched as Harry took the blanket from him and plugged it in before laying it down , with the help of the vet the two laid Mint ontop of the blanket while Apollo watched the two closely .

Harry stood back up and took more blankets to cushion it more for Mint to be comfortable . He then turned to Louis , who was standing in the corner with his arms around his middle and lower lip between his teeth .

"Baby ." He left the vet and Liam to finish getting Mint ready while he went to Louis , he put his hands on Louis' cheeks , "You don't have to stay here if it's too much for you . There will be some blood too and I know you don't like it ."

Louis pouted , "I'm her trainer , Hazzie , she's my pup , I can't leave her ." He shook his head .

Harry gave him a gentle smile and kissed his forehead , "I'm sure she will understand . She has us three and Apollo , she will be one hundred percent fine ." He then kissed his lips , "Go make yourself some hot chocolate to calm down a bit , I'll send Liam later with updates ."

Louis nodded , he went to give Mint a few more kisses before leaving the cell .

~~

An hour and a half later , while Louis busied himself with organizing the lounge room , Harry walked into the room , "Baby ."

Louis hurried over , "How is she ? Are the puppies okay ? Was she in a lot of pain ? Oh god please don't tell me any of the pups didn't make it ." He shot question after question .

Harry smiled softly and wrapped his arms around him , "Take a deep breath , Mint is very much okay . She's tired but she's a champ ." He squeezed him and rubbed his palm up and down his back , "All six puppies are alive and well , Apollo is being a protective dad already and everything is okay ."

Louis sighed out in relief as a smile spread on his lips , "Oh thank god ."

"Go see them , I'm sure Mint misses you already ." Harry pressed a kiss to his temple and let go , chuckling when Louis sprinted to Mint's cell .

Liam took care of the bloodied blanket while Harry talked to Louis , so when Louis was in the room it was mostly blood free - except for some stains on the walls and floor that would be cleaned later .

Louis cooed quietly at the sight of the puppies lined up against Mint's belly , Apollo looked at him with a proud glint in his eyes , making Louis laugh a bit . He kneeled in front of Mint with Apollo by his side and gave Apollo a loving kiss , "Best dog-dad ever ."

He then turned to Mint , he leaned down to give her a few kisses , "You're officially a mummy now , pup , I'm so proud of you ." He pet her for a bit before turning to the vet and shaking his hand , "Thank you so so much for coming over to help her ."

"Of course , of course , everything she needs I'm here for ." The vet nodded with a smile , "We'll be in touch about the puppies , the usual shots and checkups . We can arrange for it to be here too so you wouldn't have to bring all of them to the clinic ."

Louis nodded , "Thank you ."

"If you'll excuse me , I'll go grab some coffee . I'll be staying here for a while longer to watch over Mint and the puppies , make sure things are well and okay ." The vet excused himself before leaving the cell .

~~

Harry talked to Liam and the vet , he wanted to give Louis his time to be with Mint and the puppies ; he knew how much Louis loved each one of his dogs and how much he cared for them , it was one of the things he loved most about him - the passion and love to the dogs .

An hour later he went to check on him , and couldn't help the fond smile spreading on his lips at the sight ; Louis was laying on his side asleep behind Mint , his arm laid carefully over her top shoulder . The puppies were asleep against Mint's belly , and Apollo was laid curled up against the backs of Louis' knees .

He took his phone out to take a few pictures before quietly leaving the cell not to disturb any of them . It was getting late at night and he had a feeling Louis wouldn't want to leave Mint on her own hours after giving birth , so he grabbed his car keys from the lounge area , where Liam and the vet were sitting .

"I'm going out to get some food , text me your orders . Don't go into Mint's cell , Louis fell asleep , let him ." He put his gun in his belt before leaving the place .

By the time Harry returned Louis was up , he was sitting with Liam and the vet at the lounge area's dining table .

Louis looked up when he walked into the room and smiled , "What did you bring ?"

Harry put the bags on the table , "KFC . Was the first thing I saw ."

"Always good ." Louis smiled as he took his order , "Mint is all good , she's getting some well-needed rest . Apollo is there with her too , he's being so good I love them all so much ."

Harry kissed his temple , "You do realize it's a lot from your training too , right ?"

Louis shrugged , "Maybe just a bit ." He blushed soft pink .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author