Gravestones

Summary : Harry takes Louis to the cemetery , to his parents' and sister's graves .

Enjoy x

~~

Louis held three bouquets of flowers in his arms , he kept glancing over to  Harry who was driving , staring ahead at the road .

They were headed to the cemetery , escorted by two SUV's ; one driving in front of them , the other behind them .

Harry looked over to Louis when he saw him looking , "Everything okay ?"

"Yeah , yeah I'm good . Just making sure you are okay ." Louis nodded .

"I'm alright baby ." Harry nodded . "We'll be there in ten minutes ."

They reached the cemetery , the guards escorted them into the area . Louis hugged the three bouquets with one arm , his other arm laced with Harry's as they walked side by side .

They walked up a hill , where there were three gravestones under pink weeping cherry trees , a cement bench in front of the graves .

Louis let go of Harry's arm , watching as he walked a bit closer . He stood in front of the graves , looking down at them , a pair of sunglasses on his face . He turned to look at Louis and motioned him to come over , Louis walked over to the graves and quietly placed each bouquet on each gravestone .

Harry took his hand and the two sat on the bench , Louis laced their arms together , both his hands holding Harry's large one . "Tell me about them ?" He asked softly , leaning his head on Harry's shoulder .

"My father , Robin , he was a great leader . A great family person . He loved us all so much - too much at times ." Harry started . "Always took care of us , was always there for us . He's my role model ."

Louis squeezed his hand gently .

"When I was little he was the best dad . Showed up to all of my school's footie games , helped with homework . When I was about fourteen , things started getting proper shitty here in the city . He didn't even question it , just gathered his team and worked closely with police forces to fight their terror . There were drug dealers , armed groups , human trafficking groups - the city was in deep shit . I watched him fighting this evil , watched him doing everything in his power to make the city a better place . Wanted to join him so bad . He let me join once I turned eighteen . He'd been training me with guns and knives and self defence for a year before I joined , so I wasn't too behind on things . I read reports , did research - I used to sit with the cybersecurity teams , or in the war-room in his office building to see how things are handled off field . He was my hero ."

Louis bit his lower lip . "How - how did he die ?" He whispered .

"He had a lead on my mum and sister's killers and went with his men to this abandoned place in the city . A building that used to be a nightclub , but was trashed down by some drug dealers . I wasn't with him there , I was in the war room . Was twenty one at the time . He was shot a few times , some got on his vest , some hit his arms and legs . He killed people , but a bullet grazed his neck , over this vein ." Harry traced the side of his neck , showing Louis the large vein showing underneath the skin . "He died within minutes ."

Louis already felt tears filling his eyes ; to think of everything that Harry went through , with his family , with the city - it broke his heart .

"My mother Anne was my guide . While my dad showed me how to be tough , she taught me how to let that act go from time to time , soften myself . She taught me how to cook , how to garden a bit . Taught me how to love unconditionally . She loved my dad with her entire heart , even though she was overly worried about him . And me , when I joined him . She supported him through everything , encouraged him to be the best version of himself . When he was scared of losing himself he gravitated towards her . I did too ."

Louis smiled , not helping the tears that escaped his eyes . He sniffled quietly and wiped his cheeks . "And Gemma ?"

"Gemma was like a best friend . I mean , we were siblings and we bickered and bantered , but we loved each other . The more we grew up , the closer we got . We would go to watch movies together , when she got her lisence we would drive around and just listen to music , then stop to buy ourselves some food and drive back home ."

Harry turned to Louis to wipe his cheeks , he gave him a gentle smile and kissed his forehead . Louis lifted Harry's sunglasses off his face to make sure he wasn't crying too . To his surprise , Harry wasn't crying . His eyes looked sad , but there were no tears .

"This seemed like the started calming down around the city . I was twenty . My mum and my sister decided to go out for lunch at their favourite restaurant , breathe some fresh air outside of the house . Then a man walks in , leaves a bomb in the restaurant and walks out . The bomb explodes , my mum and my sister die . The bomb had nails and screws in it , for it to cause more damage - that when the bomb explodes , the blast will send those nails and screws into anything and anyone . Dad and I were in the office building , he was in a meeting and I was reading through some reports . We got the news and just looked at each other , and I knew we were thinking the same thing - that we failed ."

Louis hugged Harry's arm tighter , leaning his chin on his shoulder .

"We haven't been able to rest since then , and the more time it took the harder it got for us to find the murderers . My father died trying to find them . That investigation went on for so long , but I got them . I know I scared you that night , but they deserved what I did to them . I don't take it back , I'm not sorry for it ."

Harry took Louis' hand and kissed his knuckles , "They would've loved you so much . Trust me when I say this . Told you this already , but they really would've loved you . They're watching over the two of us , wherever we are in the world . They're giving us strengh , power to be strong , power to love ."

He brought Louis into his lap and wrapped his arms around him , kissing his slightly wet cheek . Louis wrapped his arms around his shoulders , "Thank you for sharing with me ."

Harry smiled gently , "I'll share my everything with you ." He kissed his cheek a few times , then pressed a soft kiss to his lips .

Louis lifted Harry's sunglasses to rest on his head , he cupped his cheek with his small hand , "You're so strong ."

"You make me strong ." Harry leaned into his hand , "You give me the strengh to be strong ."

Louis' cheeks turned a bit pink , Harry smiled and kissed the heel of his palm , "I don't want you to cry . Want them to see your pretty smile ."

Louis blushed deeper as a smile tugged on his lips , he hid his face in Harry's shoulder , "Stop ."

Harry squeezed him closer and rubbed his back , "Kiss me again ." He nudged the side of his head , Louis lifted his head up and let Harry steal a few kisses .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author